Sunday, September 3, 2017

Take a Peek at our Week August 27th - September 2nd


What happened to our Week of Homestead Photos?!?! Nothing! It's still the same, just a new name! It's all still here, I promise!!

Summer is coming to an end. The country kids have already been in school for four days, but to me, summer doesn't officially end till Labor Day. This was the first year the boys have had to go back to school BEFORE Labor Day. It just feels so weird. But the early return to school didn't put a damper on our week one bit.

Despite the country kids being in school, the garden still grew, and the critters were up to their normal antics. We did have some out of town visitors this week. It was nice to spend time, reminisce and giggle about old times. It is always fun to slow down a little and just take time to connect with others.


So what made me smile this week?


Grow my little one.... grow!!!!!


School has started!!! I love the silence. LOL


♪♫♬♪♫♬ I'm steppin' out with my baby (babies.) Can't go wrong 'cause I'm in right ♪♫♬♪♫♬
Just another ducky day for the duckling!


I find new things ever time I visit the garden, like this little guy! He was hidding under all the plant leave.
I didn't even know he was there till I started weeding.


I couldn't stop giggling. We are from Michigan, so this was their first encounter with a southern crawfish boil type of meal for the country kids. The littlest country kid opened his tin foil, poked around for a second, picked up a crawfish and started screaming "It's alive, it's still alive!!!!" Which of course it wasn't, but he dropped it like it was going to get him. We reasured him but he kept picking it up and dropping it. Finally hubby had to step in to show him how to eat it. The look on the littlest country kid's face. You can see he wasn't to sure about this whole thing, well till he tasted it!


And this is why we can't have company over. The oldest country kid brought Fifi in the house and she straight up started roosting on our friend's leg! Thankful he was cool with having a chicken perched on him for a while.
I think Fifi was smitten with him! LOL


Cinder is going broody, AGAIN.


Poor Ester is molting and she is down to her last two tail feathers and the wind is picking up. She is such a hot mess..... And she is about to get a little hotter of a mess..... Time to ask hubby to knit her a sweater.


Stuffed cabbage rolls, it's what's for dinner!


Darn it Heidi the homestead hound.... those eyes.... how can I resist....
*sigh* Take my food and be gone you delivish dog.


The oldest country kid forgot to lock her pen back up and Lily here got to spend the whole day free ranging with the flock. Hubby spotted her out the back window, sprawled out in the middle of the yard. LOL She was easily caught and we are just sharing some snuggles before I put her back in her pen for the night. Never a dull moment around here. You seriously never know what you will see when you look out our back window


End of summer fun, roasting marshmallows.


If he fits, he sits. If he doesn't fit, he crams himself in and still claims the box!
I guess it counts if you get all four paws in!!


End of summer means bonfires with friends. Night two of smelling like a campfire. Best smell ever! 


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!




14 comments:

  1. You sure have an interesting life. My first time here, but I can feel safe in saying there probably isn't a dull moment around your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never! LOL That's why we are the (mis)Adventures LOL

      Delete
  2. what a fun week! the crawfish dinner made me chuckle - we visited friends in Louisiana a while back and one son in particular had a very hard time eating those tasty little things.
    I'm your neighbor today at Simple Homestead Blog Hop - have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you to have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Those stuffed cabbage rolls look delicious! What a fun week you have had. Thanks for sharing at #overthemoon link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty darn good. The country kids weren't impressed but we will be having them again as soon as my next head of cabbage is ready to pick!

      Delete
  4. You have the cutest stories, love Cinder, poor thing she want to broody again. I love cabbage rolls, I tired the freezing cabbage trick, wont do that again.

    Thank you for stopping by to share your blog on Welcome to Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. Our life may be hectic, but we have a lot of fun along the way.

      Delete
  5. loved reading your post, yes I felt a bit of that freedom as well when we could send them back to school.
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I was born and raised on a farm in the back side of nowhere, I can relate to your activity. It wasn't all bad either, but I enjoy my life today. You have any blessings that others would never appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back side of nowhere LOL I do appreciate how lucky were are to give our kids a simpler life then most kids deal with these days.

      Delete
  7. Oh, yum, I love a crawfish boil! Looks like a great week! Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete