Friday, July 7, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos June 25th - July 1st

Summer time in the country! I could do without the temps breaking 90 but the pumpkin plants sure do love it! In fact our garden looks like a jungle. Partly due to my lack of weeding but mostly due to the weather. Everything (including the weeds) are growing like crazy!

Our wild black raspberry patch started showing signs or being ready and by the end of the week it was a race to get them before the birds. I am so looking forward to turning them all in raspberry jam later. For now they will sit quietly in the freezer as we continue to collect more.

The littlest country kid is loving his first season of t-ball. Despite the temps, he loves getting out there on the field. He may not have the best arm or hit it the furthest, but he has joy in the game, and to me, that's what it is all about.

So what made me smile this week?


The peas our the first produce from our garden this year! 


Heidi the homestead hound HATES having her nails trimmed. Even with hubby holding her and a muzzle it is just like going into battle and I am a lover, not a fighter. So, I took the vet up on letting them have a crack at it. BEST $19 I have spent in a long time. They were fast and she was too stunned to fight back. The look of betrayal in her eyes though..... She would not look at me the whole ride home. She curled up into the tiniest ball on the backseat and would not respond to anything. So of course I bought her off with a pork chew when we got home. LOL I'm not above buying her love! I think she has only half forgiven me though.


Our black raspberries are getting ready!!! They are going to be ready to harvest soon.
Now it's down to me vs the birds. I want jam, so those birds better watch out!!


Okay, they are getting older, and might not be at their full glory plumage wise, but there is a dedicated relationship between these two that would make any married couple proud to be like. 


Well hello beautiful! Our first head of cauliflower this season.


"Excuse me, mom." Yes, Cinder? "I think I want to go broody again." No, Cinder, just no! I know you are low hen on the totem pole, but we already tried that route and you gave up before you even got started. We have no rooster, I’m not getting you any more eggs…. Can’t you just go hang out with the duck like you normally do? “Excuse me, mom.” Yes, Cinder? ”Can I have some treats?” Yes, Cinder, yes you can, my sweet, silly girl.


This is one of many raised garden beds we have. Lots of green beans, some corn and cabbage, and one little watermelon plant in here. I put corn in just about every area I could. A few here, a few there. And I planted them about a week apart so we will always have fresh corn for the grill this summer!


Who likes t-ball? This country kid!!


Mr Bill is loving the pool I just cleaned, but none of the ladies seem to want to join him. He is doing the "head bop of love" and still no takers. Mush be to warm for lovin LOL


Oh, game on!!!!! Come to mama!!!



Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print