Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos July 2nd - 8th

What a jam packed week we have had around here! I am exhausted just looking back on it! LOL The littlest country kid took his training wheels off over a month ago, but twice this week he had pretty bad crashes. Both elbows are icky, he has scraps on one leg, his belly, back, and his right butt cheek. Hubby said he is trying to do things he isn't capable of yet (tricks like his older brother) and I just reminded him that he is a boy and boys go boom.

I finally got to the dentist to get a tooth removed that has been bugging me for some time now. I feel so much better. Too bad the pain meds made the 4th of July a bit of a snooze fest for me. But there is always next year, right? Since my recovery, I have been cracking down on screen time and teaching both the country kids useful life skills, because someday these numb nuts will be on their own. The oldest was not thrilled to learn to hand wash dishes. LOL

So what made me smile this week?


The oldest country kid went tubing with a friend.  See that red dot on his knee? Baby's first leech! The friend's father said the OCK lost his ever loving mind when he noticed the leech on his knee. Guess it was quite the drama to remove it! LOL To be honest, I'm impressed he made it to 11 before getting one. I mean we do live in a rural area and all.


"What's?!? I doin things. Go away!" Sorry, Wanda.


Finally got into the dentist. If you didn't know, I had an infected tooth, that really should have been taken out over a year ago when it broke, but I like to hang on to things. So there I sit, having it just ripped from my head and I look up and see this a-hole taunting me. Really smiley sticker guy!?!? Really?!?!? And people wonder why I hate going to the dentist. Stupid smiley sticker.....


Safety first, people. When traveling, make sure all passengers are properly restrained, even the big as heck, hernia inducing watermelon. See, a homestead page will impart wisdom like this. When was the last time you saw a foodie page looking out for your safety? Just saying LOL


Dirty dog with crackling surprise.... best 50 cents I've spent in a long time. *giggle*




Baby Girl wishes you all sweet ducky dreams. Just kidding, she is hissing cause that's what a broody duck does.




The sounds of a broody duck.... Talk about attitude!




Grilled chicken stir fry anyone? And yes, it tasted as good as it looks! 


Operation "what the hell, why not" day 4+ (cause I have no clue when this all really started.)  The littlest country kid and I managed to get Baby Girl off the nest and candle the eggs. We have 7 good eggs. 2 seem more advanced then the others. Hope she sits long enough for all of them to hatch because I really don't want to have to turn the incubator on (but you know I will if need be.) 


Do you ever get tired of your kid's whining about loading or unloading the dishwasher? Mine whined one too many times, so today we are learning the art of hand washing dishes! Yes, I'm evil and I don't care!!! Muhaaa haa ha ha


When I watered the garden I found a beautiful surprise! Look at the water glistening on the spider web. Now I know a bunch of you might not like spiders, but you have to admit, this is rather pretty. Okay, maybe it's just me, but I was so delighted. It really is the small things that keep me going each day. LOL


Another 90+ day, but there was still a t-ball game. He loves when mom is the first base coach! Of course this was the first inning, before all the 3-5 year olds began to wilt. By the end we had a gaggle of red, sweaty, overtired wee ones. Nothing a little ice cream couldn't fix though! So glad we only have one more game to go.


When you go shopping at Family Farm and Home and the power is out, always take along your homestead hound. Even in the dark Heidi could find the pork chews. They had a generator running the register and had plenty of flashlights for shoppers to use to get around. We managed to get everything we came for and had a fun time to boot!



The peppers are coming! The peppers are coming! Nature is beautiful and wonderul.... and did I mention.... The peppers are coming!!! (And yes, I know I REALLY need to do something about my nail polish LOL)



So what did we do for fun today? Went to a milking contest with a cow that didn't want to be milked and wouldn't let down. Both the country kids gave it a try with little to no success. I was told this was the "back up" cow because the cow that was scheduled to be there hadn't gave birth yet. The original cow didn't give birth because she didn't want a bunch of people tugging on her! Guess "back up" cow didn't want to play either!



Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully busy life of being blessed with your family. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the time we all have together (even when it doen't run as smoothly as I would like LOL)

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy these little glimpses into your life, Mindie :-) I'm glad you are feeling better now. I have to confess I'd have had a bit of drama if I had a leech on me too - I was always afraid of them when I was a kid! Love how you used the seatbelt with the watermelon - I've done that too!! Thank you so much for sharing, and for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed all my blogging friends so much. Feels good to get back to visiting.

      Delete