Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos March 26th - April 1st

This has been by far the hardest week I have ever had as a parent. As you may or may not know, the oldest country kid is on the spectrum. He doesn't sleep much each night. So, I walk through life pretty sleep deprived. His behavior has taken a downward spiral that has left this sleep deprived mama just shaking her head. Here is hoping he has learned some lessons and we can move on to better choices.

The weather has turned nice, once again. It's hard to believe they are calling for snow on Friday. Mother Nature REALLY needs to get it straight. I so want to get into my garden and start prepping it, but alas, the weather just keeps teasing me.

This week I will be having yet another birthday. As I look back on my 40+ years of living, I can honestly say, this is not where I planned to be, but so glad this is where I ended up! Life doesn't always work out the way you imagined, but sometimes the life you end up with is so filled with little blessings, it really is a much better place to be.

So what made me smile this week?


Spring is here and the eggs are flowing! 


 Took the littlest country kid to a special event at the zoo where he got to learn all about being a vet. From parasites, microscopes, and rectal temps (yes, my boy did shove a thermometer up a stuffed toy cat's bum!) to x-rays, proper grooming, and bandaging soar stuffed animal limbs, he did it all. I didn't think he was ever going to stop bathing the unicorn. LOL If you are going to have critters, then your children need to understand their care and be a part of it. Though I did tell him NOT to shove our thermometer up anyone's bum. No one wants to look out the window and see him running Mr Bill down with our family thermometer!


 I was at a local store for something and these just screamed "You know you need me." Oh how I do indeed! I mean, come on.... I am being naughty but they are low in sodium and fat, and they have no cholesterol. We will ignore the sugar content and just go take a walk down memory lane with some good old fashion cow tails.


Some days you just need to step back and admire the fluff of a truly fluffy fluffy butt.


Getting the gardening itch and can't wait to get going in our garden.
Now if it would just stop raining every day so it wasn't a mud fest out there. 


By George, I think I got it! I learned a new stitch in my quest to learn how to crochet.
Now I can chain, single and double stitch.


There those darn duck go messing up my mulch. They leave no stone (stick, piece of mulch, blade of grass, you name it) unturned in their question for bugs and yummy goodness.


"Good morning mom. Do you have any treats?" Gee, FIFI, you could have hung out for a minute with me before wanting to discuss the contents of my pockets. At least make it seem like you are here to see me and not just for the treats.


Mr Bill, Betty, and Baby girl had to call an all duck counsel to discuss the behavior of the chickens. It would seem they are feeling shafted at treat time since the hens can out run them to the treats and then cluster their big fluffy butts around, thus blocking the ducks. I hope it doesn't get physical as Betty and Baby Girl are pretty tough cookies when it comes to chest bumping chickens out of the way........ I feel a turf war coming on, some one cue the finger snapping.....


"I'm old. I'm cranky. Why did you call for me?!?" Sorry Ester, I know your the grandma of the group and mornings aren't your thing, but I didn't want you to miss out on the treats. Good thing she is a pretty girl, cause her attitude has really gone south! She is pecking everyone and now giving me lip! Well if she had lips


It nice to see Fifi hanging out with Cinder. Poor Cinder is the bottom of the pecking order around here. I get so mad seeing everyone peck at her and run her off. But Fifi has always been kind to her. And I have seen Baby Girl, the duck, chest bump a hen or two in Cinders defense! At least she has a couple of true friends in life. And really isn't that what we all need?


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are having a rough mommy week, but rejoice with you at the blessings the Lord continues to surround you with at your homestead. I always enjoy glimpses into your home and farm animals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's smile or cry and I chose to smile!

      Delete
  2. I'd say you have plenty to smile about! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to find the happy in life. Thank you for the birthday wishes

      Delete
  3. what an awesome week with so many hi=lights I love the fact that cow tails now come in mini have yet to find them that way. I am sure that it was a ball playing vet
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to focus on the good parts of my week, other wise I might need a straight jacket LOL

      Delete
  4. I love that sign on your garden! My mom found a sign for a chicken coop that says "last one in is a rotten egg." Signs like that just make me smile. Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Print