Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos March 19th - 25th

This week has been an emotional roller coaster here on the homestead. Don't worry, the critters are all just fine! The oldest country kid, however, has been losing his ever lovin mind. *sigh* I know he has Asperger's but he also makes choices. This week, his choices have been bad one and he has cause chaos in our home. I am sleep deprived and angry. I really don't like weeks like this.

There were happy moments too! Like I said, it has been a roller coaster. But I firmly believe ypu have to find your own happiness because no one is going to give it to you. They might try to suck it out of you LOL but we are all responsible for finding our own sustaining joys in life.

So what made me smile this week?


 I was playing with some of my crafting supplies and made these cutie pies for the country kids for Easter.


The oldest country kid  enjoyed his trip to the MSU planetarium.


 Why is Heidi the homestead hound smiling? Well you see, she was a rescue dog we adopted a few years back. She had heart worm. She went through a very nasty treatment regiment to save her. Today she had her 2 year heart worm check and she is still parasite free!!!


 The pecking order has finally been reestablished after Fifi tried to get all uppity after joining me at my poultry workshop. Her bid for top roost position is a no go. Buffy and Ester have finally made it clear, she is a lower roost hen still. Don't give up Fifi, one day you will make it, girl!


 If they aren't going to lay in the designated nesting box.... If they are going to lay them just out of my reach in the straw bales and stand back and laugh..... I got this! Never mess with a woman who wants her eggs. Yes I did buy a $1 butterfly net and get them anyway. Take that you turds. No one is going to go broody around here this year, thank ya!


 "Mom, why are they following me?!?! Don't they know I am a big, scary cat?" Sorry Nate, they know that you have a soft inner core. They love you. You're their big brother and like all little brothers, they just want to hang out with you and drive you crazy.... Hop on little brothers, hop on....


 He has only been playing for two month.... he thought the band teacher wasn't going to let him play in the concert because he hadn't been there all year. The teacher said he is one of the faster learns he has had! The oldest country kid's first band concert was a success! 


 "Whats that tummy? You need lettuces?? Ill tell mom"


 The oldest country kid finished his science fair project. I think he did a good for his first try at this type of thing. His project was about dog paw predominance. His hypothesis was that dogs would be right pawed like people since we are both mammals. Turns out the dogs he tested were mostly left pawed. And, all the left pawed dogs were female.


Last boil down of the 2017 sugaring season. So glad this task is in the books. but I do so love a wood fire! 


Beautiful lichens. Nature is amazing.


Got to meet one of my bloggin buddies, Lisa Steele from Fresh Eggs Daily.
About time too, cause we have been friends for over four years! 


 The littlest country kid and I had lunch with a friend. He was smitten with her. LOL


 You know you're raising em country when you roll up to a store
and your 5 year old yells "They got duck pools!!!!" That's my boy!



Just sit back, close your eyes, and relax with some spring sounds.


 Heidi the homestead hound is shedding like a beast. This was just 5 minutes of brushing her. Instead of putting out string and yarn for the birds to use as nesting material (which is a horrible idea, really, it is, cause it can harm them) Heidi donated her all natural softness to the birds. Birds love the fur to line their nests.


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


16 comments:

  1. Great pics - thank you for sharing. Love the one of Nate with the two rabbits. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those spring sounds were the best!! And that was great info on the nesting materials! All in all, a great week for us out here, even if you had some tough moments. Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the tough moments just keep coming. I swear I have no clue how I am going to handle life when my oldest actually becomes a teen.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a packed week it was, especially for the oldest. Great science project too. Enjoyed the read! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Brag About It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that my rescue German Shepherd cross can let all that loose hair of his go to good use! The cat and bunnies photo was my favorite. Your 5-year-old's comment was the best! Congrats to your son being such a fast learner and being a part of the concert after only two months of joining the band! Visiting from Friendship Friday. Tina at Amanda's Books and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you popped by. I love meet new folks :)

      Delete
  5. Bah ha ha! I was thinking the same thing about the kiddie pools at Lowe's one day, except my thought was, "Hmm...I wonder if the piggies would like one of these when it gets hot out?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you had a bit of a rough week, but thank you for sharing the good bits with us at Hearth and Soul. It's lovely to have a glimpse into your life. Hope this coming week is even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it is better to focus on the positive in life, but I want folks to know it isn't all rainbows and unicorns. I am just as human as the rest.

      Delete
  7. Recently had to move back to a big city and I'm really missing my country home and so your spring peepers made me cry.

    ReplyDelete

Print