Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos March 12th - 18th

And just like that, winter returned to our neck of the woods. I am so over this changing weather. Not to mention, I am still limping from dropping that cinder block on my foot. I really should have seen a doctor, but it's too late now.

Sugaring season has been on hold this week due to freezing temps. Luckily (or unluckily) they started flowing again today. I love me some syrup, but am so not looking forward to hauling buckets of sap with my boo boo foot.

I've been kind of in a funk this week. Not sure why, maybe just the weather. I haven't written on the blog all week. Just felt like being a lump. But I still found joy during the week.

So what made me smile this week?

Cinder really needs to wipe her beak when she finishes breakfast. 


 And this my friends is why you should always get your coop pop door closed BEFORE dark. I always peek through the crack of the door in the critter shed at night to see what everyone is doing before going in at lock down time. Yeah, I'm a peeper. It was cold, snow was on the way, there was heat, food, and water.... I don't blame the opossum one bit for strolling in, but he was not going to stay!


Of course I had to ask the opossum to leave! I think I was rather kind about the whole situation since he should NOT have been in my coop.



 I had a little sidekick at lock up time. He wanted to make sure there were no opossums in there and to give the girls some treats, left over rice from dinner. Bless his little heart, he spoon feed them! He literally made them eat off the spoon, one spoon full at a time. It took FOREVER, but he went to bed happy.


 You had your chance, winter..... Go away!


 I broke from my normal routine of hurry up and get things done, and it was nice! A couple of us preschool mamas went to breakfast. Nothing like small town USA in the morning with a couple of good friends.


I was so ahead of the game on Thursday. Bread was rising, mozzarella stuffed meatballs were in the pan in the fridge, and I was early in the school pick up line! How did that happen!?!?! 


 I can't seem to keep my ducks in a row, but I can keep my rabbits in a line! Of course Heidi the homestead hound had to do inspection before Blaze and Steve were allowed to hop on by.


 My friend should not have let her puppy near me when I had my bag of crafting supplies......
Poor, poor Tinkerbell. I think she looks fabulous! Not sure what she thinks.


 Putting a mirror in your brooder box can help beat boredom and cut down on squabbles.
It is also fun to watch chicks checking themselves out!



Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


18 comments:

  1. Funny, I was in a funk this past week, too! I blame the weather...it was in the low 90's here! Love the picks....especially the spoon feeding!! Dona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your posts and see your pictures. I will always be a country girl at heart and I so love animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up with us each week at #OvertheMoon. I've pinned and shared. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the chicks checking themselves out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pictures and post! Bet those meatballs were delish! Thanks for linking up with us at Brag About It this week! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My meatballs are the best. The recipe is in my recipe section if you want to try them

      Delete
  6. I like your attitude and looking for fun even when things are difficult... the possum in the shed at night would have been a HUGE stretch for me.... It was fun to read your words and see your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either laugh or cry and I am not messing up my contacts with the salt content of tears! LOL

      Delete
  7. I love meatballs. Those look yummy! Eeeek! I've had a possum hiss at me before....don't like them so much! lol

    Happy Pink Saturday and Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raised a litter of the little buggers as a kid. They would follow me around the yard in a line LOL They don't scare me :)

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you saw the possum was in there! It could have been trouble. Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a tad stubborn and I don't blame it. It was cold that night.

      Delete
  9. Those chicks are so cute peeking in that mirror, Mindie! I'm sorry you are feeling in a bit of a funk - it's hard when the weather is so changeable. I hope this is a much better week for you - and that the opossums stay out of your chicken coop! Thank you so much for being a part of Hearth and Soul. Hope to 'see' you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying. Look forward to seeing you!

      Delete

Print