Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos January 22nd -28th

The oldest country kid made it through the first week of public school, and he still likes it!! LOL He has also joined band and will be bringing home a Baritone next week. Time for ear plugs!

It is weird trying to get used to the new schedules around here and the quietness. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the silence now that both boys GO to school. But my days feel shorter. It is really odd. But I am sure I will get into the swing of things.

I am working on my children's book. I have been asked by a UK publication to write and article for them. And I am getting my presentation together for a workshop I have been asked to put on in March. So I have plenty of things to fill my time while my boys are away.

So what made me smile this week?


First day of brick and mortar school.... "Take the stupid photo before someone see you!"
He didn't say it but his face just screams it!


No more homeschooling....
"Really, mom....." Yup! I had to document it! Looks like an arrest photo.


I guess since it is winter time, Fifi and Wanda didn't feel the need to make an appointment to visit the garden.


Yes, Cinder, it is another nasty wet day, but you really shouldn't be hanging out up there on that shelf. We have talked about this. Shelf is for storage, roost is for chicken butts. I know your pooping up there.... I swear I am so going to whip your feathers if your pooping up there..... Bad chicken.... bad!


On my way home from dropping the country kids off at school, I came across some ladies who appeared to be having a girls day out. Part of me was like "awww, so pretty" and part of me was like, man, meat. LOL As I get older and pay more attention to where my food comes from, well my perspective has shifted a little.


Rise and shine, it's breakfast time! The ducks are bellying up to the bowl for a little morning grub before heading out into the yuck of the day. THEY (whoever they are) said we would be getting some snow over night. Lies!
Nothing but more wet and yuck *sigh*


Good help is hard to find.... Nothing like your "helper" blocking the door.
Move your big butt, Heidi! Chores are done and I want to get back in the warm house.


Flinging rice in the snow may have been a bad idea. Poor Cinder got a clump of rice on her back, but nobody noticed or picked it off for her because I think they thought it was just snow, which was falling at the time. Poor Cinder.... such are the hazards of treat time. 


Mama got a new toy! And it was only 95 cents for the set of four! Yup, I'm making puff balls or Pom poms as they are known by everyone but the country kids. LOL Already made a chick that is just waiting for some eyes. And if I ever figure out how to crochet a hat, it can have a puff ball. The littlest country kid really wants a hat with a puff ball. LOL it's amazing how excited he is about puff balls.


Why is it, every time I go into the yard, I turn into the Pied Piper of Hamelin?
Seriously, I got nothing.... stop following me!


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


12 comments:

  1. So glad the OCK enjoyed school! I started band in 5th grade and continued through high school and college. Nothing better!! My brain also fights with food/pretty/food/pretty when I see game! Nowadays, pretty wins out. Great pics again! Dona

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your little accounts of daily life (and smiled at the look of sheer resignation on the face of the new school boy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was his choice! He asked me to sign him up!! He just doesn't like cameras LOL

      Delete
  3. ha ha My husband and I always joke when we see deer. "Mmm...Bambi's mom looks so...tasty." Yah, we're not right in the head. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We frequently see deer in our yard, and we live in the burbs. Wel, it is a wetlands. Thanks for sharing at #OverTheMoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Aunt lives in the burbs and has a herd that comes through daily!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see your Chick! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, the baritone! That's quite an instrument to take on but I'm sure your son will enjoy it. Glad he's getting on well at school. That is so cool you are writing a children's book! Thank you for sharing this little glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul. Hope to 'see' you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am working on two VERY different children's books LOL You wouldn't believe they both came out of the same mind!

      Delete

Print