Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos January 1st- 7th


Life is returning to "normal" as this new year kicks off. It is so nice to be back to a schedule when it comes to the boys' schooling. They are a lot less annoying (to me an each other) when their time is filled.

And while life is returning to normal, some things continue to change. The oldest country kid took it upon himself to tell his little brother that we had monsters in our house. *smacks forehead* No matter what we try to do to convince him otherwise.... he isn't buying it. There has been very little sleep for me this past week as I battle the monsters and end up with a 4 year old in bed with me almost ever night. There is nothing like taking an elbow repeatedly to the throat to just make life worth living......

So what made me smile this week?



Little Miss Ratty Rat (the gift my hubby gave me for Valentine's day last year.) She always greats me with such enthusiasm! It's probably the treats I bring her, but I like to think it's just because I'm me.


The oldest country kid went bird watching and came back with this treasure trove of train track parts.


They tried to follow me in the house! Back off ladies. I refuse to tell you where the treats are hidden.


I have been toying with the idea of writing a children's book featuring our very own Mr. Bill. I figured I better start learning how to draw him, because, well, children's books usually have illustrations. Here is my first attempt at Mr. Bill.


I told them all to stay on the roost when I went to close up, but did anyone listen? There was a back up on the ladder as everyone went back to bed. Some day someone in this family will listen to me. This was not that day.


Gee Heidi the homestead hound, need a break from doing nothing?
I just wish it was me on that couch! Let's be honest.


After five nights of "I'm scared of monsters." Hubby came home armed with monster meds!!! Yes we did slip the kids some sleeping potion, but at least I'm not rocking in the fetal position crying any more! Take that monsters!!


It's the adult version of a snow fort! LOL Had to warm the truck and dust her off to take the littlest country kid to preschool. I kinda just wanted to hide inside it, but alas, dust her off I did. 


The red light district has been hopping! Probably because the water freezes and I deliver fresh, none solid water. And  the added warmth from the heat lamp thing might have enticed them all to party too.


Nothing like waking up with a 20 pound heifer of a cat sitting on you... or more specifically, your bladder.
Good thing she is soft and cuddly!


This.... this is pure happiness right here. Honey from my uncle! Feel free to drool.


Boys and nail polish do mix when it comes to crafting!


Check out these beautiful "stones" the oldest country kid made with nail polish! Not sure what they will end up being (jewelry, magnets, etc.) but I love the look!


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!



16 comments:

  1. Great pics to start the year off! Way to go on drawing Mr Bill!! You write a kids book and I'll be first to buy one! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am working hard on it, just have no clue how one goes about getting published LOL Small detail.

      Delete
    2. Great illustration and pics! Also, awesome job on those stones!! Thanks for sharing them :)

      Delete
  2. great pics brings me right back to the farm
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scared of anything bird. hehe. Would be curled up with your hound for sure. We had a little bit of snow/sleet here in Louisiana for about a day. My kid had some fun while it lasted. =) #TurnItUpTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have tons of birds both domestic and wild. LOL Snow in Louisiana!?!?!

      Delete
  4. I just love looking at your animals! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your illustration of Mr. Bill! And I can't imagine that mess after painting those stones, but they turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to doing more illustrations of Mr Bill and hopefully some day actually writing a book.

      Delete
  6. Your little rat and Heidi are so cute, and I love the drawing you made of Mr Bill! That's wonderful! Thank you for sharing this little glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chickens are so pretty! I hear you on the 4 year old in the bed. I don't even notice anymore (he knows if he wakes me up, I'll take him back to his bed, lol). Thanks for sharing all the pretty pictures on the Homestead Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little one is getting to stinking big to carry back to bed! LOL

      Delete