Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos January 15th - 21st

We made the final push this week in homeschooling to tie up loose ends, finish chapters, and wrap up the semester before the oldest country kid starts public school this week. I am a nervous wreck. I hope he can perform academically for them as he has done for me. I pray he finds at least one other kid to fit in with. I cross my fingers the school doesn't call me with behavioral problems.

The weather continues to baffle me. It is January, right? Right?!?! We have had rain and mud all week. It has been so wet and weird that we had school closed because the back roads were such a mess. The grass is greening back up. And on Saturday it hit 60 degrees! While I love not having to wear a coat.... it's JANUARY in MICHIGAN. Where the freakin frackin is my snow? Yes, I am missing my snow.

So what made me smile this week?


That double sided pot holder that my friend was trying to teach me to crotchet last week..... has turned into, I'm not sure exactly! I have no idea what I did wrong, but the opening just kept getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller. Maybe Heidi the homestead hound would like a single booty. Time to start over. *sigh* I think this just got personal.... I WILL make at least one crocheted item in my life. Screw you yarn, I will win.....


"Come on Ester.... We have things to do!"
I am so not sure what those two were up to, but they looked like they meant business!


Mr Bill and the girls were very confused why there is greenish grass in Michigan in January. Me too, Mr Bill. This winter is beyond weird. I'm not complaining too much. Trust me I do not miss the -30's, but the ground really needs to freeze or we will not be tapping our Maple trees this spring.


"But mom, I'm so comfy!" I love how she always uses a pillow. LOL
Fine, I'll find somewhere else to sit..... Good thing she is cute.


That is one intense look on Buffy's face..... She is a well tuned, precision machine. Nothing escapes the peak of doom!!!!


While I am delighted the littlest country kid is getting better at making the letters in his name, I am not thrilled he was practicing his A's on his sweatpants. *face palm* 


So what do you do when your country kids are driving you up a wall and your neighbor calls and she is all like "I want a pet rat." You declare a midweek girls night out and you hall butt to the pet store and you help hook her up with the cutest little baby rat, evah! Okay, maybe not as cute as my ratty girl, but I am bias. And I still made it home in time to slam dunk some country butts in bed!


♪♫♪ I always I feel like, somebody's watching me. And I have no privacy ♪♫♪
Guess I shouldn't have put the fish bowls in the bathroom. LOL


There is nothing like spending some quality time with ducks right before bed.
It makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy.


I am so disgusted with Miss Ratty...... Look in her tiny hands.... Black olives? Really?!?! Ugh, gross.
She is no rat of mine. I detest black olives.


I told Fifi she should come outside and enjoy the day, but she didn't believe me that it had stopped raining. She wouldn't even make eye contact with me because she thought I was lying. That or I had bad breath.... not sure. LOL 



Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!

11 comments:

  1. Crocheting has always been a puzzle to me. Do you remember, back in the day, when people made beer can (or pepsi can, in my case) hats? Those I could crochet together. They are the only things I ever actually made. I can sew, embroider, even knit....but crochet? Not me. You get 'em girl. I'll cheer you on! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am going to get em! LOL I even ordered my own set of hooks so now I have to get it because I spent money on it. LOL

      Delete
  2. That is a perfectly good A. :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like I said, he is getting good, just wish it wasn't on his pants! LOL

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for linking at #overthemoon! I look forward to seeing what you share every week. Please come back for #WonderfulWednesday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Don't forget to comment your link #'s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! Pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our last remaining rooster is a light brahma and he is the biggest weeny! He won't even come out if there is snow on the ground. smh Stopping by from the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our youngest daughter is on the homesteading journey with her family, expecting baby #7 in the spring, and she would love to read your blog! I'll share it with her and I know she will be so excited to read about your adventures. Thanks for sharing this with the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop - I'm updating my blog this month, and will be adding lots of creative DIY projects that might be fun for you and your family. Hope you'll stop by for a visit! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have your daughter join me on my adventures. I look forward to your updating!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you, and your pets, all had a good week! Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everything made me smile this week, but I try to focus on the good :)

      Delete