Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Week of Homestead Photos December 25th - 31st

Christmas came, much to the delight of the littlest country kid! Holidays are hard sometimes as parents, they take work to make the magic! The pay off is seeing the twinkle in your child's eye and the squeals of glee on Christmas morning when Santa came.

This week has been crazy since neither of the boys are doing school and hubby was off for much of it. It amazes me how people who love each other can so get on each others nerves. I will be so glad next week when hubby is back at work, the littlest country kid heads back to preschool and the oldest country kid and I can get back to homeschooling.

So what made me smile this week


We had a lovely Christmas. My folks even managed to make it!


Our budding ornithologist.


This sweet boy thanked me a bazillion times for his farm.


On Christmas day..... 4 calling birds, um I mean 4 chickens demanding treats!


So at our last family eye exam..... hubby was told he needed reading glasses. Yes, we have passed into our 40's and it would seem mother nature is starting to take a little toll. When he sent me this selfie today of him wearing his new readers, the first think I could think of was "Hubba hubba!" LOL Mama likey!!! Call me crazy but those glasses on my hubby make this girl melt. He gets better with age. Who knew less hair and readers would be so hot.
(I am dead serious LOL)


Time to head out and get this day started. Everyone into the yard!


Look quick! It is the elusive oldest country kid!!! He let me take his photo (rare moment indeed.) Fifi is like "What ever kid, it's too early for this crap." Yes, he did just get up, roll out of bed, and head to hug a chicken.


Just because the ducks do it, doesn't me you should, Cinder!


The sky is falling, the sky is falling..... and it taste like popcorn!


That awkward moment when you really want to go to bed, but you are being held down and hostage by a fuzzy pile of purr. You love the cuddles but you love your pillow. Oh the choices.....


Hubby went to put the critters to bed while I went to the bathroom. Have you noticed weird stuff always happens when I go to the bathroom? Any way my phone rings and he says there is a weird bird in the shed. This juvenile red tail hawk some how got into the critter shed either through a vent area or it walked in the pop door. Either way, we managed to catch it in hubby's coat! We will release it in the morning since it is dark and they are not good night flyers. 



And there he goes!


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


8 comments:

  1. What marvelous chickens, you must love the fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love the eggs. Our girls are such a wonderful part of our lives.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you Mindie - thanks for joining us for Friendship Friday at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn;t miss it! I love seeing what everyone is up to :)

      Delete
  3. My cat takes up near permanent residence on my pillow. I mostly just minds when she does her 3am pet of my face to get me to pet her! Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you all had a lovely Christmas together, and that your parents were able to come too, Mindie! Thank you for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul, and Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get to see them much since so it is always nice when we do :)

      Delete

Print