Sunday, December 4, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos November 27th - December 3rd

I will admit, this week I have been a slight emotional mess. This time of year, the shorter days.... It seems to make everyone a little cranky. And it would seem my entire family wanted to be cranky with me this week. *sigh*

For relief I spent time with my critters. Bless them for never being mega jerks. A few treats and they will make you feel like your are the most special person in the world!

I have also kept busy (aka away from cranky family) by working on some new crafting projects. Nothing makes me prouder then being able to make things from nothing. I am not an artist by any means, but I am just talented enough to impress myself!

So what made me smile this week



Excuse me Baby Girl, but I was wondering if you could tell me where you and your mom are hiding the eggs? Seriously, fork em over.... We had a deal. I feed you, you provide me with eggs for baking. Now I have lived up to my end of the deal so where are the goods, sister?!?!?! Sneaky ducks!


Nothing like mega stink eye! I swear Wanda never smiles.


Making Christmas gifts is dangerous! Dang blood blister. But I love giving homemade gifts.


My latest project, DIY Log Candlesticks, turned out so pretty. I love these.



Mr Bill is on a serious search for his belly button. That or his tummy is asking for a treat. LOL
Actually he is just grooming. 


We put up some "Santa Puke." You see when I was little, my mom would drive us around to "look at the pretty Christmas lights." She would say that over and over and over, and over (you get the point) on the drive, "hey kids, look at the pretty Christmas lights." Over and over till it was mind numbing. Being the not right person I am, I refer to Christmas lights and decorations on houses as Santa Puke. Told you I am not right. Any who, the littlest country kid LOVES Santa Puke. As we drive he scream "Santa Puke" every time he sees a house decorated. The oldest country kid and I decorated (something we haven't done to the outside of our house in years) and when I came home with the littlest country kid from preschool he exclaimed "Who put Santa Puke on our house!?!?!" Bwaaa haa haa


I so want to snuggle this handsome guy. To bad Mr. Bill would probably not take kindly to the gesture and might bite the crap out of me to get free. LOL 


And my wood working projects continue! I have painted a bunch of ornaments but still need to put the holes and strings on.


The oldest country kid had his 4H craft club Christmas party. Since we are a craft club, for the gift exchange, you have to make a part of your gift or wrapping. Check out this 4H ornament the OCK made as part of his gift. I think he did a wonderful job and the young lady who received it appreciated the work and sentiment. 


Someone was super excited to see the fat man. He was so excited he forgot what he wanted! LOL I had to whisper his list to him.


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!




16 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear they still have 4-H around! I belonged for a while as a kid. Signed my mom up to teach sewing. She was NOT impressed. So tell me this, do you have the Grange where you live? We had them in CA, but have not heard of any since. Wonder if they disbanded. Too bad if they did. Anyway, great pics again this week! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dona there are still grange around! When he did poultry (before the show bands because of avian flu) we used to meet at the grange hall. :)

      Delete
  2. jojopfeiffer151@gmail.comDecember 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM

    Your blog make me laugh and laughter is good for the soul...Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in 4-H for many years and wish they had a better program here for my youngest.
    It's because the closest farm is like a half hour from here. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4-H isn't all farm kids anymore. Look up your country extension office and give them a call. You might be surprised what programs are hiding in your own backyard!

      Delete
  4. Great feature. Being from the country days, loved the chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some wood "coasters" I made last year. I didn't even think about painting them and making them into ornaments! We drove around looking at Christmas lights last night and I'm pretty sure I sounded like your mom and the 4 year old quickly grew tired of "oohing" and "ahhing" over lights. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We used to chant at my mom in a whining voice.... "Look at the pretty Christmas lights, look at the pretty lights." We were horrible children!

      Delete
  6. I love your wood crafts! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am having so much fun with them.

      Delete
  7. Homemade gifts always great as it has more love that anything else, thanks for sharing your stories to Hearth and soul blog hop.I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoy my weeks as much as I do. It is important to take the time to smile at the small stuff.

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to tell Hubby that someone calls it Santa Puke! He's not a scrooge, but will see the humor in it! Too funny! Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Print