Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos December 18th - 24th

Brrrrr! It has been such a chilly week here in Michigan. The negative temps were starting to wear me down. I was so glad when we rebounded into the 20s by the end of the week. LOL Yes, I was excited by being in the twenties.

It was crunch time in the kitchen this week. Lots and lots of baked goods! I came up with a few new cookie recipes, which I promise to get written up and shared in the coming weeks because they are GOOD!

It has been nice to have the country kids and hubby home most of this week. We are trying to reconnect as a family in these fast paced times. From going to a movie to playing board games, it has been nice spending time away from phones, computers, and other technology.

So what made me smile this week


It was -6 degrees but did these idiots care?


Peanut Butter Blossoms! Anyone want one? Now what to bake next? Hmmmm.....


Just a little peep show from the red light district..... It was a brisk -9 and falling when I went to lock up (even though they have been locked up all day.) Some of the girls hopped off the roost for a little bed time snack.


It may be cold, but my girls rock! Warm, fresh egg for breakfast! Thanks Buffy!!


Chewy ginger cookies! Yummy!!


These two adorable kiddos are the littlest country kid's BFFs. He made them each a Christmas present and was so excited when they opened them. While he can't wait to open his own presents, I think he kind of gets the whole "man it feels good to give" kinda feeling. He was grinning the whole time they were unwrapping.


This is where I sit on the couch..... Of course we have a rule in this house call "move your feet, lose your seat."
I do believe Heidi the homestead hound is invoking this rule.


Chocolate Andes Creme de menthe cookies. Yes, they taste as good as they look!


Oh I took a lick of my peppermint stick
And I thought it tasted yummy
It used to be on my Christmas tree
But now it's in my tummy!

True story! LOL I'm sure no one will notice......


The littlest country kid loves to suck on lemons. I don't know, he is weird. Do you expect anything less from my kids? LOL So for Christmas this year I made him some lemon cookies. His offical taste test was "their good! They taste like lemon donuts!!" 


From our family to yours.... Merry Christmas!
I hope you took time to enjoy the little things for they are what makes life worth living. 


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


10 comments:

  1. Your pictures and narratives are a delight! Hope your Christmas was merry and your New Years is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope your year goes smoothly and 2017 is a positive one!

      Delete
  2. All those cookies look wonderful and, of course, I love the pix of your chickens. Thanks for sharing these photos at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those cookies, I would be in heaven! I hope you've had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely holiday, thanks. I hope you and yours did as well!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh - so many biscuit/cookie ideas which is perfect timing as I need some inspiration to make more snacks rather than buy them. Now I just need to decide which one to make first! #skipthebag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting all the recipes this and next week, I hope. Life can get busy LOL So no promises

      Delete
  5. I love what you said about the ducks, it was so funny. Those lemon cookies look delicious. I will try them when you put up the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Print