Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos December 4th - 10th

What a difference a week makes. Winter showed up!!! The country kids have been in seventh heaven playing in the snow. I enjoy watching it out the window. It is so pretty when it is fresh and undisturbed. I do feel a little bad for my dear hubby who has to drive in it all day at work though.

With the dropping temps have come the annual mouse invasion. Our house is over 100 years old and I will never ever find every little crack they sneak through. Thankfully our make cat, Nate, has been on duty. He is making it very clear to the mice that they will find no warm, comfy place to set up house here.

So what made me smile this week


One Nate left me a mouse from the belly button up. The next day I either got the other half or he decided to eat the head this time. If he starts meowing "brains, brains" I'm getting him checked. Dang zombie feline LOL


It snowed!!!!! The littlest country kid and I were napping and when we walked down the hallway he
got to the window and gasp. LOL Nothing as magical as waking up to snow!


Still snowing.....


"Mom, what is this white stuff on me!?!?!"


Yippie! Snow!!! Yeah, ducks love it.


Someone was a little bummed about having a half day of preschool. His spirit changed when we pulled into a local store and a random fire truck showed up AND they let him climb inside! Guess half days aren't so bad after all. :)


Me: "Excuse me girls, may I have your attention?" No one listened.
Me: Pulled out a sandwich bag of Tasty Worms Nutrition Inc. Tasty Grubs.......

Yeah, I think I have their attention now! LOL She who controls the treats controls the flock!
Now everyone go lay an egg. Mama's orders.


Breakfast is ready!!!


Nothing like going to the bathroom and having company. I told him it wasn't a spectator sport. *sigh*


They had Grandparents day at preschool. Well more like one hour. LOL Since my mom broke her ankle and they live 2 hrs away, they weren't able to make it. But they sent him a photo of them to wear! Awwww. And he begged me to come and play with him, so I did. Hey, I'm sprouting grey hair, so I fit in, right? LOL


"But we don't want to go to bed!!!"


I opened the pop door, Mr. Bill and Betty went racing into the snowy yard and came to a screaming halt. "So which way do YOU want to go" seemed to be the conversation. So much pure, clean snow to muck up with their floppy feet!!! Snow + Ducks = Pure Joy. 


Out Christmas shopping for Heidi the homestead hound and came across these! LOL
Umm, no, just no. I don't want her getting any funny ideas about the hens!


♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Oops he did it again ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ I might of helped by moving the dishwasher a tad. LOL We should be mouseless by now with this mighty hunter doing an amazing job. Note to all mice: You will not find warm, safe haven in this house!


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!

12 comments:

  1. Nate seems to be a good mouser!! My cats would have no idea what to do if one showed up here! Love all the duck and snow pics....I'd feel the same way if it were to snow here!And good for you, mom, to take the place of Grandma at school! Nice pics as usual!! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have family members who want to borrow him, but I could never let that sweet boy go. I would miss him too much.

      Delete
  2. I have 8 cats left now and the only one that kills mice is baby. She leaves them at the back door for us. Oh, and I wish we would get snow. It only happens here every 8-12 years and then it is so little that it takes a whole yard full of snow to make a 1 foot tall snowman. Bet your ducks are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what goes on at "the farm" it maybe winter but it is so full of life. Thanks for letting us into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the snow sure looks pretty! :) We haven't gotten much here in north central Ohio. :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how happy your son was in the fire truck! And I agree, there is no way we'd get our dogs chicken feet. It would end poorly. Thanks for sharing on the Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wouldn't want to walk through the house finding chewed chicken feet laying around LOL

      Delete
  6. You definitely have a professional mouser there, Mindie! Although I'm a bit squeamish so I'd struggle with the dead ones (better than live though!). Grandparents Day is such a lovely idea - I'm sorry your parents couldn't go though. I do love waking up to snow too - although even a small amount causes chaos here in England so I hope we don't get any! Thank you for sharing this little glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit and share. I love how the things that make me smile bring memories for others.

      Delete

Print