Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos November 20th - 26th

We saw snowflakes this week, thankfully they didn't stick. While I enjoy a white Christmas, my hubby really hates driving in it all day at work. The cold temperatures did decide to stick around though. *pout* I have lived in Michigan almost all my life and I still don't like the cold.

The country kids have been highly unruly this week, having extra days with no school. While the oldest could care less about school, the littlest can't wait to get back to preschool. These kiddos are crazy and getting on each other's and my nerves. I am just sitting here wondering how we are going to survive the Christmas break!?!?!

We had a nice Thanksgiving this year, just us. We watched the parade on tv and stuffed ourselves to the point of exhaustion. And we still have a ton of turkey left! We even boiled down the turkey carcass to make soup stock as we don't like to waste anything.

So what made me smile this week


What?!?! This doesn't happen at your house? This is "normal" around here.
Guess she heard we might have popcorn and a movie later.......


We went to a store and there were Elves.... the kind you can take photos with!
The littlest country kid was beyond excited!


Well the snow we had the day before may not have stuck around but the cold temps sure did. Brrrrr!!!
I think Mr. Bill was debating his morning swim. Don't do it man!!!!


♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ You better work.... work it girl. Do your thing, on the runway ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬


So much "junk" in Cinder's trunk. LOL Who doesn't love a big ol fluffy butt?!?!?! 


So I had a friend overto help her set up her page and etsy shop and of course the oldest country kid HAD to let Fifi in the house. Really? Of course Fifi made herself right at home and I now owe her consulting fees (at least that's what SHE said.) She thinks she is some kind of internet guru now. Seriously, all she did was peck a key or two......


Things to do, places to go.... no time to talk..... Mr Bill is such a busy guy


LOOK how close they are to each other and no one is hitting anyone! I kid you not, folks, they laid there and colored together for like 15 minutes like normal siblings. It was crazy but kind of twilight zone-ish. The country kids NEVER get along..... NEVER. I mean they are almost touching, and yet no fighting!?!?!? Someone mark a calendar!


Geee, I think my oven is a little uneven. I knew it was a little off but dang! *sigh*
She ain't pretty but she'll taste good all the same.


This..... I am thankful for this..... a double batch of chex mix. Not the crappy store stuff. Not made in a microwave.
No people, this is good old fashion baked chex mix. One batch for me! One batch for everyone else. 


While we were watching the parade on tv, the oldest country kid was working on a drawing. When I asked him what he was drawing, he said it was a Thanksgiving picture. A little later he let me see it. Not sure if I should be concerned. LOL


Caught Baby Girl in the pool. I love how her image is reflected in the water. I love when I can slow down and just enjoy the simple beauty of life (if only for a second.)


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


14 comments:

  1. Love the chickens! They are so cute, and I love the way they make themselves at home! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing this glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul. Hope to see you again this week, Mindie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a nice Thanksgiving, thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your week with us. Such sweet photos of such a sweet family. :-)

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband makes chex mix in the oven too. He usually does his 1st batch around Christmas. Can' wait! I agree it's the best way to make it (especially since I don't have to lol). Love your son's sense of humor! I got a good chuckle looking at his drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindie- that pumkpin pie photo could have been from my kitchen!;-) I have a warped cookie sheet I always inadvertently use when I am baking a liquid pie-- I don't notice until it lunges towards the low side! ....still tasted good?🙂 Love the photos-- thank you for taking the time! Do you have an Amazon link-- when we shop we can "shop through you" & you get a small $ percentage of the sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. I do this for fun, but if you would like to mail me a million dollars I wouldn't say no LOL

      Delete
  5. There are many things which is makeing me smile out of my busy schedule- Current book I am reading, music in the lawn of my building, sweets :) Here through over the moon linky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up at the Homesteader blog hop! I LOVE seeing your weekly pics! I do believe we NEED ducks in our lives! lol My oven is uneven too.. so frustrating! Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love to see what you do during the week! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Print