Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos October 9th - 15th

We survived another year of Halloween camping. The country kids always look forward to this trip. I on the other hand get so worn out in just one weekend! But it is tradition, so you know we will do it again next year.

The littlest country kid is FINALLY getting over his cold, but preschool is still wearing him out. He has developed such an attitude lately, ugh! But he is learning to behave better at school, so I guess he just needs to finally let go when he gets home.

Fall is in full force, the trees are changing, the birds are migrating, and I am starting to panic! I am still not back up to 100% after my hysterectomy and there is so much that still needs to be done in preparation for the first snow fall. *sigh*

So what made me smile this week?


Life is good when you're sitting around the camp fire!


Little but mighty!!! He didn't really get much wood chopped but it wasn't for lack of trying!! 


So stinkin excited!!! On our annual Halloween camping trip, there are over 200 sites. They hand out awards for decorating, and while I didn't win the big one (didn't expect to) I did get mentioned for having one of the top 10 unique decorations with our flamingos turned vultures!!!!


Heidi the homestead hound is a home body. She is big, hyper and not really made for social settings. That being said, we took her to the camp site with us and she did beautifully! She went to the kid games area, participated in the costume contest and other then sniffing butts and pulling her leash a lot, never once did she bark or act like a turd. Is it just me or does this photo capture one REALLY happy dog?
For more Halloween Camping photos click HERE


Preschool - 1
Littlest country kid - 0


The world is so beautiful sometimes!


I am always impressed by Mr. Bill and his politeness..... always letting the girls gobble up treats first.



As you may or may not know, the oldest country kid doesn't sleep much. He tends to go downstairs and try to use the computer all night. Every night I check to make sure his computer is shut down and password protected. Well last night he created a second admin account to circumvent my password. Did I mention it sucks sometimes having a smart kid. Of course my computer prowess has grown thanks to him and despite his attempt to password protect his own new account, I deleted it. Mwaaa haa haaa!! I left him a little note on his computer screen and this morning it is gone. LOL Guess he got the message *evil mama grin*


He is not dead.... I swear I did not punch his lights out! But I did ask him to go clean the duck pool. When I looked out the window to see what was taking him so long, I saw this..... He had covered himself in chicken feed!?!?! Bwaaa haa haa Hey, if it makes you happy.... My children are so strange, even by my standards!


Don't tell my hubby, but I am smitten with this handsome guy. Mr. Bill - the duck, the myth, the legend!!!


So the oldest country kid and I attended his monthly autism program at the zoo. It was "Halloween" night. He had a blast. And when I saw this, I was like "Man, we don't get to use any of the good ol punishments any more!" I so need to construct one of these out back....... LOL I could just see cps showing up like "Excuse me, but ummm, yeah, not appropriate child rearing equipment."

Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


10 comments:

  1. Awesome pics this week! Mega-happy dog, worn-out kid, gorgeous hunk of duck-man.....you've got it all!!!! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told hubby it was a good thing he scooped me up before Mr. Bill did! LOL

      Delete
  2. This is hysterical. The pictures of your son's are the best. It seems like you had a great time. Thank you for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are both a source a constant frustration and never ending giggles!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the opportunity to be a fly on your barn or camper and see your adventures. You have some really fun pictures! Your son is very creative. I love the freedom that farm life offers kids, even though they don't always appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are really in the Halloween spirit! And what a cute hound Heidi is! Thank you for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul, Mindie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is one of our favorite holidays :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great week, as always!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try.... but remember, these are what made me smile. No one takes photos of the crappy moments! LOL

      Delete

Print