Sunday, October 9, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos October 2nd - 8th

So the big news of the week is, we won the Purina First Egg contest and got a YEAR of free feed!!!! Thank you to everyone who voted for us. This means the world to us.

Of course with any high, there comes lows. My mother fell down some stairs and broke her ankle in multiple places. Luckily the surgery went well and she is home recovering.

Homeschooling has been a struggle this week for the oldest country kid. It's never easy when your mom is your teacher. And on top of that the littlest country kid has a bad cold and a horrible cough, so he missed some preschool and was home with us, causing distraction.

But the weekend came and so did our annual Halloween camping trip at our local state park. So I guess the world is right again! LOL At least we ended the week on an upswing!

So what made me smile this week?


Roasting marshmallows at the zoo as part of
the oldest country kid's autism spectrum club! 


Sunbeams don't just trap kitties and puppies, they get chickens too!


The littlest country kid was so excited to see Christmas decorations before Halloween. He is so not my child!


The oldest country kid received an award at the 4-H banquet.


My newest little buddy. I think he is eyeballing my pumpkins.......


The Sandhill crane migration has begun! The fields are filling with thousands of birds.


Remember those eggs Betty and Baby Girl hatched? One of the new owners sent
us an update photo of the ducklings! They are getting sooooo big!


Homemade meatballs.My family gobble them up. This is a big deal as I can bake, but I am a terrible cook. 


One of these things is not like the others..... I turned my flamingos into
vultures for Halloween and it appears the flock approves.


Halloween camping weekend!!! I love decorating, camp fires, hay rides.... best weekend of the year!
I promise more photos of our trip next week!

Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that camping trip looks like so much fun! Looking forward to more pics! Your littlest country kid can be my adopted country grand kid! It's NEVER to early for Christmas for me!! Great pics as always!! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip was great, can't wait to share more with ya'll

      Delete
  2. Congrats to oldest country kid!! How exciting for him to get an award. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics with us. Hugs and blessings - Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great week!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning the Purina contest! I'm sorry to hear about your mother falling but am so glad she is recovering well. Congratulations to your son on his 4-H award. Thank you for sharing this little glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hoping with you :) Thanks for being a part of our (mis)Adventures family. (HUG)

      Delete