Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos September 18th - 24th

Fall has fallen!!! Leaves are turning a little, some are dropping and the temps at night are chilly. I broke out the sweatpants! The Sandhill Cranes have begun to trickle in. We are a stop on their migration south. While I love hearing them call, it does make me panic that winter is coming.

Don't get me wrong, I love winter, but being only three week out on my hysterectomy, there is so much that needs to be done before the snow flies and well I am still useless. The mind is willing but the body say, try it fat girl and die.

This week was the first week of preschool for the littlest country kid. He seems to enjoy it, but it is taking a toll on him. He is so overtired I don't know if his little body will ever catch up.

So what made me smile this week?


Things I have learned in life.... Bears don't scare me. Don't get me wrong, I have a very healthy respect for their power and would never underestimate one. But you know what gives me the Heebie-jeebies? This adorable little gecko. Yes, she is cute. Yes, she normally just sits around. But you throw a few crickets in her pen and it gets really scary, really quick. This adorable little killing machine is ravenous! Thank goodness she isn't the size of a bear or we would all be screwed. Seriously, the way she pounces and kills.... stuff of nightmares people, I promise. LOL 


The littlest country kid heading out for his first day of preschool. He isn't a baby any more......


Thank goodness for his BFF. They went into preschool, hand in hand, ready to face a whole new world.


For International Talk Like A Pirate Day, the country kids made costumes and we went to Long John Silver's.
They each got a free meal for dressing up! I told them to look surly but they are to cute to pull it off. LOL


Little miss sassy pant, Baby Girl.


Homemade broccoli cheese soup in homemade Italian bread bowls
for dinner, cause I was like totally with it one day this week.


Says the squirrel, "Don't mind me, just eating some shrooms." When I pulled out my phone to take a photo of said woodland creature feasting up on my toadstools, I swear he mumbled something to the effect of "Seriously woman? Do I come into your house and snap pics while you're stuffing your face?" There may have been a middle paw involved in this incidence also. I couldn't be 100 percent positive because he had little, itty bitty paws and all but he did give me the stink eye as he hopped away when he had his fill. LOL


*** Happy Dance*** Look what I found growing in our yard!?!?! It's back!!!! This is Chicken of the Woods and it is a mushroom. It tends to grow back in the same spot year after year if harvested properly. Well ours grew back again this year! This mushroom is sooooo good. It is dense, like meat, and if you battered it and served it, your kids would think they were eating chicken strips, I kid you not. I was starting to worry ours wasn't going to grow this year, but there is it! 


Treat time! The girls are totally lovin their Tasty Grubs from Tasty Worms Nutrition Inc.! 


The country kids were at their grandparents this weekend and I STILL can't
get the bathroom to myself. At least he doesn't ask a million questions!

Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful week, girl! Love the look on your kitty! You'd think YOU were in HIS space!! The squirrel takes my vote for the week! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to cats, aren't we humans always in THEIR space!?!?! LOL

      Delete
  2. Love your pre-schooler and his friend walking into school together. So sweet. Take care and don't rush it! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your life on #overthemoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are peas in a pod. He wants to marry her! LOL

      Delete
  3. I love your cheeky squirrel commentary and really enjoyed a virtual nosy round your homestead. We have red squirrels in France but they are very shy so I have never got a photo of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red squirrels here are mean. They are small but will attack the large squirrels. And they try to get in your attic and cause all sorts of damage. Our reds are cute and small but oh so evil!

      Delete
  4. lol Love your updates as usual. Thanks for the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindie,
    I hope your little boy likes school and continues to. I love the squirrel picture and that soup in the Italian bread looks delicious. Thanks for sharing I always enjoy looking at your family pictures and all the happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these photos are too cute! How fun!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a firm believer that you should take the time to find a smile now matter how bad a day may seem. These are those moments! LOL

      Delete
  7. Good Morning Mindie, Please take your time and don't rush things. Having major surgery takes a while to recover from.... remember no lifting. It is better that you are fit and healthy, rather than trying to do things and make yourself poorly.
    I remember when my daughters started school. There was lots of excitement, but plenty of nervousness... and yes they were also very tired to begin with, but once they got into the routine of going to school, they were fine.
    I love how you presented your brocolli soup in a bread roll.... a brilliant idea.
    I really enjoyed your photographs, especially the one of 'Miss Sassy Pants'.... a fabulous name for her.
    Take good care of yourself.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daphne. I am trying to be a good girl :)

      Delete

Print