Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos September 11th - 17th

It has been a busy week around here with homeschooling the oldest country kid and getting the littlest country kid ready to head of to public preschool. We had his teacher home visit and open house at the school this week and he is super excited to start first thing Monday morning.

I had a check up with my doctor and she said I am healing great. Too bad I then went out and over did it! LOL I am a little soar but it was so nice to get out of the house.

Fall is defiantly knock on Summer's door. Our evening temps have been dropping and the trees are starting to turn a little and drop a few leaves. Before long it will be a blaze of color and time to rake.

So what made me smile this week?


When it is treat time and ducks vs chickens begins. Run Cinder before Baby Girl chest bums you!!


My sweet Heidi the Homestead Hound.


Yes, yes I do sometimes take my rat to the bathroom for company. LOL


Up all night throwing up but can still muster a smile. I love this kid.


No, Cinder, the nest box is not an approved sleeping location.


Mr Bill, the gentleman. Always waits for the girls to get their treats first.


Hot peppers everywhere. Time to start drying these bad boys.


Harvest moon. Pretty, even with a cloudy sky.


Fifi's amazing, fluffy butt. Man I love fluffy butts! LOL


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


10 comments:

  1. Those fluffy butts are the best! One of my cats is part Maine Coon cat and he has one! That's a million dollar smile that boy has! Heidi is so precious! Just want to hug her! The moon shot takes the prize this week. But, for pure jealousy , what you said about the leaves changing color makes me green with envy. In AZ, the cactus don't change color :( Could go to the mountains and see color, but I'd give anything for a tree in my back yard! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh but the cactus do change color when they bloom! I have seen them near Carlsbad carven and it was spectacular!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Look at those peppers! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always so relaxing here. Thanks for sharing at #OverTheMoon! I look forward to what you will share next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wha!?!?! I wish it was always relaxing here LOL I just share what makes me smile, so it seems relaxing. I should give you guys a week with RVERYTHING and then you will know just how relaxing it really is! LOL

      Delete
  4. My chickens thought the nesting boxes were a nice place to sleep too before they started laying. We have a row of five little boxes and some of they younger ones STILL sleep in two of them. Makes for a lovely time cleaning all the poo up since they like the scratch it out for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely did have a busy week! I hope you are taking it a bit easier though, Mindie. Also hope your little one is feeling better. Thank you for sharing these cute photos and a glimpse into your week with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

Print