Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos September 4th - 10th

Well I guess if you're reading this, you will know I made it through my hysterectomy surgery. Yup, totally lived, though it took a few hours longer then was planned. Still not sure what went on, but I am home and a week later, feeling fantastic. Okay, maybe not fantastic, but I am getting by.

My greatest laugh this week was when I posted on Facebook that I had finally had a bowl movement and close to 240 people liked/loved my post! I guess as you get older, you start cheering for other folks who are getting older, because at some point in our lives, we have all needed to go! LOL

So what made me smile this week?




Totally rockin the non slip hospital socks!


The pure joy at 3 am when my night shift nurse found me a fan,
cause I can not sleep without one! 


Everyone was a little upset with me for being MIA, so much so
Wanda peeked me when I tried to say hello. Feisty girl!! 


Opening the fridge and finding Ester is finally over her molt! How do I know?
Ummm because everyone else lays brown eggs. Duh. LOL


Beautiful smiling faces that bloomed while I was gone!


I caused an uproar when I went out to close the critter shed one night.
I think they were startled to see me! LOL They all started hopping
off the roost and I had to put them all back up and tell them to go to bed.


So what happens when you have a hysterectomy and haven't been out to give your chickens treats in like a week? They come running! And jumping and climbing up your belly full of incisions because they love you (or the treats) that much. I couldn't pass out food fast enough for these pigs! But at least Cinder and Fifi showed me some love, standing on me and my painful belly.... so much love, with nails digging in to my flesh..... ahhh the love.....


My sweet Cinder. She is a nice hunk of chicken eye candy. Such a beautiful bird.


A dog after my own heart. I let Heidi lick the pan that had the cheesecake in it.
Yup, if I were a dog, I would be face down licking it too! LOL


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!

14 comments:

  1. Wanda has the most beautiful design of feathers! All your chickens are cool characters. Oh, I didn't know you had to be a dog to lick out dishes. Oops. My bad. I do it all the time. When no one is looking! Great pics again, girl! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, have been know to lie to my children about licking things so I could do it!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear your surgery is over and that you are home, Mindie. Take care and rest up - Friends have told me it can be a long recovery from a hysterectomy, but if you take care and rest you will feel better than ever very soon. Hope that your recovery is swift and that you soon feel even better than normal again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much. I too can not wait to be on the mend. I try to stay down, but alas, children and critters don't let me rest much.

      Delete
  3. So funny and sweet the chickens were so happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel really good. Soar at the end of each day, but good.

      Delete
  5. Make sure you check out hystersisters.com for answers to your questions. Congratulations on your successful surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your blog posts. Awesome reminders... Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better! I don't have chickens, but my boyfriend has cats, and when I don't come over for more than a few days they give me quite the attitude when I return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Aren't animals great. Like having furry moody children with stink eye!

      Delete

Print