Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos March 27th - April 2nd

I survived Easter, but only barely! The oldest country kid, who is nine, is starting to doubt the Easter Bunny. *sigh* They grow up too fast! As long as he doesn’t spoil it for his little brother…. I also included hubby in the hunt this year by hiding beer. Now that was fun to watch, a man hunting beer!

The animals are all starting to feel Spring Fever. The ducks are being sneaky and trying to hide nests, the temps are warming up enough we can take the baby chicks out for small visits to the “big world” and meeting their big sisters. That has gone over with mixed emotions by the hens.

I continue to get things done behind the sense for out big annual giveaway event that starts April 11th. I have lines up all sorts of neat prizes for you guys! I am so excited. I mean like tinkle my pants excited! I’ll give you some hints…. There are books, chicken products, gardening things, things to pamper yourself, and so much more! Wanna learn more about our annual Spring Fling event and how you can find out about prizes first? Just click here!

So what made me smile this week?


Thanks to a wonderful reader in Australian, Desley, the country kids got to celebrate
Easter with some chocolate bilbies!

In the dead of night I head the beer, and in the morning I stood back to watch
ALL my boys go on an Easter hunt!

The oldest country kid loves to learn and was examining "blood samples" at the zoo to diagnose
a pretend ill critter. Do I see a future vet or zoologist?!?!? 

Yes, ducks do smile! Check out the grin on Mr. Bill!!

Little Ms. Fifi helpped me fix the chain on the littlest country kid's bike. She wasn't very
good at passing tools, but her moral support was invaluable.

Ms. Fifi got a chance to meet Buffy, who was very interested in her new little sister. I think
these two are going to be good friends.

Anna is on guard duty over the Spring Fling giveaway prizes.

The littlest country kid loves to help with morning chores.

Headless chickens!!! Okay they were just eating breakfast, but it cracked me up.

Betty and Bill deep in discussion about pool maintenance. 

Signs of Spring, a hidden duck nest, Day Lilies pushing up, flowers blooming!


An early morning treasure, glowing in the straw bale.
I love these little feather gifts left behind by my ladies.


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


13 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to get dad involved with Easter!! Cute as can be pics! Your chickens and ducks are becoming internet stars!!! Thanks again for sharing your great week! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grumpy Goldie has actually been in 2 UK magazines! LOL She thinks way to much of herself now *wink*

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved getting to see all of these pictures! My husband and I have recently started moving into homesteading. We have a garden, chicks, and just got some 7 week old pigs yesterday! I love being able to watch things grow and knowing where my food comes from. I can't wait to expand it more in the future, but for now, I think we are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoy these weekly posts. I love sharing :) We tried the pig thing LOL Never again. Now I am just best friends with a pig farmer LOL

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures, and all your animals. My kids would love the chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've had a great week! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've got your hands full with the goings on of Spring at your homestead. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us at the Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely pictures! I always enjoy this little glimpse into your life, Mindie! You sure do have a cute cat - she's a great 'watch cat' :-) And I love the idea of a beer hunt - I know some chaps who might enjoy that as well! Thank you for being a part of our Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy peeking at my craziness LOL I (and our family) are anything but normal. we like to keep it fun!

      Delete

Print