Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos April 3rd - 9th

Spring keep trying to break through winter's repeat performances. I am getting a little tired of the snow flurries. Winter, you had months to show up and didn't, go home, I want my spring!

Betty is still trying to go broody, hiding eggs everywhere. So I guess either she really wants babies or she finds it funny to make me go one Easter egg hunts even though Easter is over.

We continue to try to eat even better then we already did to try to help hubby with his medical issues. For the most part it has been no big deal. But I am going to go one record and say, I will NEVER eat mashed cauliflower ever again *gag* The things we do for the ones we love!

I have been buried this week getting the last minute work done behind the scenes for our annual Spring Fling event. It all start tomorrow!!!! A new prize up for grabs every day for over a week. It is a lot of work to pull together but I love being able to give back to my readers. I wish I could give each one of them something for all the love they have shown us.

So what made me smile this week?


Bill and Betty talking over pool maintenance issues.

Betty wants to go broody and has tried to hide a nest of eggs in the raspberry bushes and
this week in a basket. Didn't anyone ever tell her not to put all her eggs in one basket?!?!
No Betty, you can't hatch eggs this year, sorry.


The sparrows have gone a little too far in their nest building. I am
afraid the roof of this bird house is going to pop off it is so
full of nesting material.

We added another chick to the brooder, a Cuckoos Marans, we named
Maria. She will lay beautiful chocolate brown eggs when she is older.
I have always wanted a Marans,

The motley brooder gang loves to get out and have play time in the living room. We have
also set up a dust bathing area in a tote for them. Wanda loves to take dust baths, the
 others aren't to sure about this activity. 

Our Alpha hen, Grumpy Goldie, turned 5 years old this week. I love this red headed girl.

While this is an awful cell phone photo, it is a beautiful image. Our oldest rabbit, Gracie, has
 been going down hill all winter. She got very thin and could no longer stand. I was afraid we
were going to lose her. Well, with a lot of TLC, look who is back on her feet! 

The oldest country kid learned how to bake a cake this week. Why? Because it was my
birthday and I didn't want to bake my own cake! LOL I think he did a great job!!

"I'm not cold, mom." Really? Because you are shivering (because
you refused to put a coat on) and those are snow flurries in your hair.

My handsome guy, Mr. Bill. He is such a great drake, watching not
only over his female ducks, but all the chicken girls too.


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! Mr Bill watches over the chickens, too! I'm sure he considers himself quite a stud! He IS beautiful! Your pics are always heartwarming, and the descriptions you give them really make them come alive for me. And cudos for Gracie for getting better! Thanks again for all the entertainment you give! Dona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful
    Can't wait till I have my property!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that the animals are doing well! Aren't boys so rotten sometimes? I constantly have to tell mine to put on more clothes when it's cold. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rotten boys sometimes? LOL Try 90% of the time!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing your animal photos each week. It makes me want to get chickens when we move to our retirement home. Thanks for sharing your post at the Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the day you tell me you have broken down and gotten some!

      Delete
  5. Great photos! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, love reading captions too, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Print