Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Week of Homestead Photos February 13th - 20th

It has been another wonderful week here, full of good homemade food, quality time great friends and adorable critters. We enjoyed a quiet Valentine's Day at home with the country kids, eating delicious Dutch Babies and just hanging out playing. I firmly believe that you should show your love 365 days a year, not just one "special" day a year, so Valentine's is always low key here.

The weather continues to be bipolar ranging from snow fall to mud fest and 50 mile an hour winds. I had to leave the flock locked up so no one blew away to OZ! The oldest country kid asked when we were going to set the pool up because it was 60 on Saturday. Ummm, while it was freakishly warm, this is still Michigan, it is still February, and I am sure winter is not done yet!

So what made me smile this week?

Dutch Babies for breakfast!

It is not JUST a gift card folks, oh no, it is much more. You
see I wanted to get a couple/few more chicks this spring and
he was against it. Well this was his way of giving me his
blessing to get them! Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Lizzy, our homeschool classroom pet sure has grown since the beginning of the school
year. I'm thinking she might need a bigger rock! 

A gnome garden set! Complete with a gnome, house, fence and rooster! A rooster?!?! You know
I had to get it. LOL I also picked up two $1 gnomes so he would have some gnome buddies.

It's 1 degree out, but ducks don't care. Ducks have yard siting to do. Ducks are bad @ss. LOL

I love and miss the flowers that spring brings. Well l guess Mother Nature felt bad for me
 so she made... snow-flowers!

A grown man, loving on a wee newborn piglet... There is a farmer doing
it right! This little girl had a traumatic birth and just needs a little
extra TLC for a few days.

And here is a little something to make you say awwww..... My friends (who are pig farmers) had to bring a newborn piglet to the farmers' market with them because she needs to eat every couple hours. Guess you really can find everything at a farmers' market!



Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!


12 comments:

  1. So fun to see the snow and farm from this city girl in Dallas! Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for popping by! I love visitors :)

      Delete
  2. Awwww...for the piglet and for the V-day gift!!! Now THAT'S a good man!!!! Great pic, girl! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That piglet was sooo sweet. I wanted to pocket her and bring her home LOL And yes, every once in a while, hubby gets it right :)

      Delete
  3. I'm interested in knowing more about this farmer's market. I see you live in Michigan; it's cold there. Is this an indoor market? What do people sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an indoor market. there are a lot of things for sale, from handcrafted goods, to meats, cheeses, eggs, greenhouse veggies. It may be winter but you can still make a very nice meal!

      Delete
  4. Getting chickens for Valentine's Day is awesome! I love it! And the snow flowers are fun. I like your take on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days my imagination just runs wild LOL I love finding the beauty in nature.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, those piglets are SO cute!! Looks like it was a very interesting week! Thank you for sharing this glimpse into your life with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always an interesting week around here LOL

      Delete

Print