Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos December 20th-26th

After being down in the dumps last week, I decided to take my grandmother's advice. When ever I call her and ask her how she is doing, she responds "Great, I got up, put my feet on the floor and pulled up my bootstraps." So this week, I pulled up my bootstraps!

It was a little hard as there was no snow, and well it just didn't feel like Christmas in Michigan. I mean the temps were in the 50s! But I forced myself to pull up those bootstraps, get things ready, and find joy in doing so.

I hope you enjoy the small things in life that made me smile this week.....



Our tinsel pig is supposed to guard the tree, but Anna
the cat had her way with chewing on pin needles. Bad pig. Silly cat!

It is the holiday season.... you can never use too much butter when backing, right?!?!

Ms. Ester relaxing (or scared stiff? LOL)
in the littlest country kids arms.

Per a request from the oldest country kid, I whipped up a pumpkin pie for Christmas dinner.

The littlest country kid wanted a "shooting truck" aka tank for Christmas from Santa.
Hubby about died when he saw how "Santa" had wrapped it. What?!?! Santa is creative!

We might have made too many sweets, said no one ever at Christmas! LOL

Heidi the Homestead Hound celebrated Christmas with a new stuff cow. All we had
to do was shake the package at her and she unwrapped it all by herself.

All the critters got a special breakfast on Christmas morning.
The chickens dug into the meal worms.....

Until the ducks ran them off and took their share! 

The littlest country kid was delighted to get his very own donkey! And I am
delighted we don't have to feed it or clean up poo!

Nate was on farm protection duty on Christmas. No cattle rustling while he is around!

We turned off the technology for a while and stepped back in time
with my antique stereoscope and views. The oldest country kid had
a blast looking at 3D images from around the world.

Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile

8 comments:

  1. Love the pics! I want a tinsel pig and a giant stuffed donkey now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinsel pig was a gift last year (believe it came from Target) and I picked up the donkey at Tractor Supply. The donkey is soooo big and soft!

      Delete
  2. I made Spritz cookies too. My great grandfather was Swedish and that's about all we have left of old world traditions. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my mom making them but she is Italian and Irish LOL

      Delete
  3. It looks like it was a fantastic and fun week! I love all your goodies you baked too! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It! I always look forward to your links! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting. I love linking up :)

      Delete
  4. Aawww... Great photos! I especially like the relaxed chicken! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Print