Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos December 13th- 19th

I would love to shower you all with things that made me smile this week. I really would. I mean it is right before Christmas, you would think I would have a ton of festive photos and holiday cheer to share with you. But being the totally honest person I am..... This week was the biggest pile of poo I have had in a long time.

There were martial issues, rotten kids, crappy cold temps and a broken toilet just to name a few of the reasons why this week sucked the big one. BUT, I did have a few, just a few bright moments this week, and here they are (well minus a picture of my toilet after the Roto-rooter guy got it working again LOL) .........




I did get a photo (all though it wasn't a very good one) before the Christmas tree fell down,
repeatedly, breaking my ornaments.......

We raised over $600 to help our farmer friends
(who are living in their barn) so they can get insulation!



My dearest friend hand stitched me these lovely towels for Christmas.



My goober of a cat, Anna, kept me smiling!


While it was a craptastic week filled with ups and downs, it did remind me to take my own advice next week, which is.......


Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile


6 comments:

  1. These are great pictures! What a blessing that someone is getting insulation. And those hand-stitched towels! You are well-loved by your friend! I am a little bit jealous over here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to help my friends. It was 13 degrees the other night but the insulation was mostly up! And I love those towels beyond the moon and back. Even when a week is craptastic, there is always still something to smile about :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome photos! Thank you for sharing them at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dipping into the archives, are we? Well, it's nice to look at them again!! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's weird. Not sure why these showed up now LOL

      Delete