Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos December 6th - 12th

Last year at this time, we had below zero temps, which is normal. This year? It was 62 degrees yesterday?!?! I am a little freaked out by this, and while I shouldn't be complaining, it does worry me. We need the ground to freeze in order to have a good maple sap run in the spring and at this rate, I don't see us making maple syrup this year.

With all this warmer weather here in Michigan, it also makes it harder to get into the Christmas Spirit. I am so used to trudging through the snow! We did finally get our Christmas tree, but it is still not decorated. LOL Maybe that will be today's task if the country kids aren't outside playing in this amazing weather.

So here's what made me smile this week.....



We finally took our "fun" family trip to get our Christmas tree. So glad the Christmas
tree death march of 2015 is over! It is never fun, so why do we keep doing it? LOL But
it did make me smile to see hubby chopping the tree down (cause it meant we could go home!)



Of course Heidi the Homestead Hound had to check out the tree with all of its
 nature smells. I love how her tail curls when she is being all "intense" about something.



Straw?!?! Yup it makes me smile because I got it all in the shed this
 year before the snow was up to my butt!!!



Stale tortilla chip Tuesday is always a hit with the flock! It doesn't happen every
Tuesday, but when it does, they come running like crazy!



Took my country kids out to dinner and not only did they not act like heathens,
they actually got along!



Beautiful sunrise. With the days being shorter, it always
makes me smile to see those first rays of light.



The littlest country kid is my napping buddy, too bad he didn't want to nap! LOL



Why yes there is a duck on my head! I hate having my photo taken, but I figured
this once wouldn't hurt too bad. It's all about the holiday spirit, right?

Remember to take time out of your busy day to find your own things to make you smile!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into life on your homestead!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a real Christmas Tree the smell is beautiful! You look great and I'm the same as you I hate having my photo taken. Thank you for supporting #OvertheMoon linkup and sharing your week. I always look forward to reading what you have done. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I can just hear Heidi the Homestead Dog now: "squirrel!" Shadow, our cat, would spend days sniffing, rubbing and climbing our fresh cut Christmas tree. One year she scared the devil out of me when I was wiring the lights on and she popped out! I just love your pictures and, no, you aren't the only one who usually hides from cameras! Have a wonderfully peaceful, happy and healthy Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you too have a great Christmas and new year :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete

Print