Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos September 20th - 26th




Another week has come and gone in a blur of activity. Fall is upon us, with cooler temps, homeschooling is consuming the majority of our days, and the panic that winter will be here all too soon is lingering in the back of my thoughts. Of course there are always moments during the week that bring a smile to my face and this week, these are the moments......


The egg drought is over!!!! Buffy has started laying again! It is so nice to have fresh eggs again.

Poor Ester is still in molt, but thankfully on the downward side, with new feathers growing in!

Of course for fun we have green bean snapping parties,
cause we are wild and crazy kinda folks!

More wonderful goodness for the pantry. These will taste sooooo good this winter.

Every see mash potatoes from blue tators? They look purple!

Halloween costumes are the hot thing around here lately and the littlest country
kid gave me a glimpse of what it would have been like if we had had any daughters. LOL
I think the dog will look better in it when I turn it into a lion mane.

Of course fabric always makes me smile. Love the new stash I picked up for various projects.

The oldest country kid moved our fire pit and chopped some wood
in preparation for a fire while watching the lunar eclipse. 


I can't wait to see what next week brings...... It's always an adventure around here!


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post, Glad your chickens are laying again, I know that is a happy thing. Hope your next week is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I hope next week is great too :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I got into canning this year and can't wait to enjoy fresh food all winter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like the pride and flavor when you pop open a can in the dead of winter

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. Blue potatoes! Have a wonderful weekend. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I've never seen taters ni a purple color before. Always learning. And maybe I might j oin you for some fun in the bean snapping party. I love beans. You put a huge smile on my face, it always make me happy to see happy families. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't always happy LOL Trust me, it get crazy around here sometimes!!

      Delete

Print