Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos September 6th - 12th





Fall is here.... The sandhill cranes are migrating through and the morning temps are in the 40s and 50s. Homeschooling has started again, with the oldest country kid in 4th grade and the littlest doing preK work. We are canning every last thing we can in preparation for winter. Here is what brought a smile to my face this week....


The fall molting season. We are in an egg drought, but
there are enough feathers everywhere to make a pillow! LOL


First day of school photos are a must no matter where school is!

Anna the cat is keeping a close eye on the new classroom pet, Lizzy the lizard

Someone wants to be a squirrel for Halloween. How do you measure
how much fabric you need when you have no pattern? Just throw the kid on top!

Not wanting me to have to hand stitch an entire squirrel costume, Hubby bought me a new sewing machine!

Halloween pillowcases for everyone!!!

Lizzy the lizard decided to shed.

Unknown mushrooms peaking through the mulch, so delicate.

And that was my week in a nutshell! I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did living them!


8 comments:

  1. How exciting to have a new sewing machine! My Mom is an amazing seamstress. I can't sew a straight stitch to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a productive week! Cute pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... They turned out so cute, I want to go back and get fabric to make me one! LOL

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop. Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Print