Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos August 30th - September 5th




I feel Summer slipping away quickly and Fall knocking on the door. Homeschooling is getting ready to start again, the last harvests from our garden are approaching, and I feel a little sense of urgency. I think the country kids feel it too and they behavior is all over the place.... *sigh* Time to take a deep breath and remember what makes me smile because it is better to focus on the good in life!


The beauty of the harvest... my tators!

Reunited after a sleep over at grandma's! A boy and his quail...

Chicken of the Woods mushrooms we foraged at a friend's/ Yummo!!

Out newest family member, Lizzy the lizard. Our homeschool classroom pet for the year.

Making yummy Amish cinnamon bread.

Mystery peppers.... No I did not bite one! LOL I left that to hubby.

My old alpha hen, Grumpy Goldie. I love this girl.....



20 comments:

  1. My little guy won't let me leave this page. He loves the picture of the peep-peep walking in the grass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww That is so sweet. Her name is Grumpy Goldie but she is nothing but sweet *wink*

      Delete
  2. Nice taters! Interesting, I thought homeschooling was usually year round? Might cut down on the behaviors with being "out of school" vs, "in", or is it a time constraint with the homesteading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just go with the brick and mortar school schedule. Though we always finish before them because we don't take no stinkin snow days LOL

      Delete
  3. Great photos! I should learn my mushrooms, but I'm so afraid of making a mistake and getting sick from eating bad ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken of the woods looks like nothing else... can't mistake it!

      Delete
  4. I like be all these photos. Life on the homestead can be so varied and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love your pics of your homestead Mindie. Thanks for sharing with us at #WednesdaysWisdom

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun :) I was home schooled as a kid also! Never owned a lizard though…I would be too afraid it would get out…:D My husband and I just bought 40 acres…I can't wait to start doing things like this! I'll have to come back here for tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We lost a salamander once... not sure if the oldest accidently left it out or the cat ate it, but it was gone!

      Delete
  7. Awesome post! I would love to invite you to my new link party The Beautifully Creative Inspired. The party launches every Fridays at 9AM eastern time on 5 BLOGS! It runs until Wednesday night :D Hope you can party with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photos! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, please. I would take a big slice of that cinnamon bread! The boy and his quail was my favorite. Those dimples are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You can make a whole loaf of cinnamon bread, just check out our recipes section! My son was blessed with his mommy's dimples LOL

      Delete
  10. Love the Boy and his Quail photo. So cute! We have mystery peppers, too. My hubby planted them in our aquaponics system and doesn't remember what they are. Thankfully, they're pretty and not super spicy.

    ReplyDelete

Print