Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Week of Homestead Photos August 23rd - 29th

It has been another busy week here as you can feel Fall in the air! Time to start harvesting the last of the summer garden.... Other changes are in the air as well as Betty's ducklings head to their new home. Our yard feels so empty. While it is sad to see them go, it was such an amazing adventure for our family. I was in an emotional funk this week as we celebrated our first son's 11th birthday. He was born silently into this world and no matter how many years pass, it is always hard. I worked extra hard this week to find beauty in the simple things in life..... because sometimes all you have are the simple things. So enjoy these simple moments and remember to always slow down and find beauty in life.....


Beautiful peppers almost ready to pick.


And they call it ducky love.....

Corn silk turning.

A special treat of mealworms.

Diggin tators.

Betty's brood heading to their new forever home.

Except this beautiful girl, who is staying as part of our flock!

The best part of being a country kid, all the new
friends you make! Biggest worm ever!


28 comments:

  1. Love all your post & follow you on Facebook too !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much for being part of the (mis)Adventures family!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a big worm. Yesterday, as we all spent time outside and in our garden spaces, Baby Boy and I saw ano ant attacking/dragging a caterpillar. That was pretty cool!

    You all did a Great job with the ducklings and now that they're off to their forever home, you'll have good memories and knowledge in case you breed Betty again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we didn't breed Betty, she snuck that one by us! LOL And I have had a stern talk with her about not pulling that again LOL

      Delete
  3. You have such a lovely homestead. So glad I came across your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) It isn't much, but it is home!

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about your son, but what a beautiful way to think about him! Looking for the beauty around you. I love your duck pictures! I might have to reconsider ducks around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always look for beauty, it can hide in the simplest of spots. Ducks are awesome! I am so glad we have a few.

      Delete
  5. Great photos ... peppers look awesome! Which varieties of potatoes are you growing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't remember LOL I planed them so long ago and forgot to keep the bag. I know they were non GMO. I picked them up at TSC.

      Delete
  6. I have to admit the worms made me cringe a little!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to read you are enjoying the simple things in life. I really do find that to be the most therapeutic way to get through things. Love seeing what's going on at the homestead! Bell peppers and corn are looking wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuck no worms Please. But the boys are so handsome and I loved them with the Duck. I want one so bad but hubby says no way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby was against them at first but they grew on him LOL

      Delete
  9. What lovely photos. Thank you for sharing with us at #WednesdaysWisdom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos--looks like a great life:).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics. Always fun for my boys to see what life is like in the US. (We are in the UK- but from Ghana)
    Found you on Friendship Friday Hope you'll check out my blog at https://growinguprightuk.com/?p=224
    Charles (posted by Diane)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life in the US is different every where you go! I am very happy with our little slice of country quiet :)

      Delete
  12. Love the pictures. All of my children are older, so most of those times are gone....at least until grandchildren.

    Thanks for sharing this with the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your homestead is great! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always look forward to your Facebook posts! You tell it like it is and say what we all wish we could! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Print