Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Must Make Peanut Butter Cookies

Do you have that one recipe that someone in your family just LOVES beyond belief? That one item they long for, beg for, dream of? In my family, my husband has these emotions about my peanut butter cookies. They are a “must make” kind of thing.

Since I love to bake, I don’t mind making cookies, however I am one of those moms that just can NOT bring herself to buy those tubes of cookie dough when I have everything I need to do it from scratch already in my home. Plus I have never seen my husband have an emotional response to store bought cookie dough!

These peanut butter cookies are quick to whip up and once you put them in the oven you can do other things while they bake, like fold laundry, not!!! Seriously, just put your feet up, relax, and wait for that amazing smell that will emerge from your oven.


Ingredients
1 egg
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder


If you have never read one of my recipes before, this is where I tell you to throw everything in the bowl and put your hands in there and mush it all up! I just think you get a much better mix when you use your hands.... I know, I am weird. Just get in there and mix it up!

Once the dough is all combined, roll it into little balls in the palm of your hands. Make them big or small depending what size cookies you want. Place cookie balls on a GREASED cookie sheet. Now here is where I add the extra bit of love..... I take a fork (greased) and I make a pattern on the top of the cookies. Why? Cause it gives them character! I press the fork down once, then turn the fork and press it again to make the thatched marks you see in the photo.


Now pop those bad boys in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes and you just became a peanut butter cookie making goddess! Seriously. Let's put it this way, it is not uncommon that when I as my husband to start a grocery shopping list for me, I end up with notes on it like this.....


And that folks, I think speaks for itself......


32 comments:

  1. I LOVE PB COOKIES!!!! Thanks for this recipe. Dropping in from Sew Crafty Angel Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really go for some of these cookies and a big glass of milk right now! Stopping by from Wednesday's Wisdom and drooling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well get in the kitchen and start baking!

      Delete
  3. These biscuits sounds absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what they call cookies down under?

      Delete
  4. Ha! That note is a riot! Love how easy these are. Who wants the store-bought stuff anyway? Visiting from Simple Saturday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love the way you get the request for peanut butter cookies! My husband leaves me similar requests on my grocery lists. Thanks for sharing your recipe at Inspire Me Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a riot some times, let me tell ya!

      Delete
  6. Cannot wait to try these! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy peanut butter cookies, but my husband has fallen in love with my M&M version of chocolate chip cookies. When I ask, that's all he ever wants. I do love them too, but a bit of variety is also nice. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like variety as well. I have a cookie recipe collection that can keep a different cookie coming every week. LOL

      Delete
  8. Loving the note your husband left you! And your idea of what to do while the cookies are baking! :P Thanks for stopping by and sharing this on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the note! And the cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanut butter cookies are so good. your recipe looks divine. love the hands on approach!
    Thanks so much for linking up at #Purebloglove link party! The party begins every Thursday at 8 p.m. and runs through the week end. I'm hosting over at www.homemadefoodjunkie.com. We love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you ever tried 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies? All it is is 1 cup pb, 1 cup sugar and one egg they are ahit with all my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never have... interesting.... no flour? Hmmmm

      Delete
  12. I love a good peanut butter cookie. This remind me of some that I use to make. Have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love peanut butter. I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them as much as my hubby does!

      Delete
  14. PB cookies are a favorite around here. Thanks for linking up to Simply Natural Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound ten times better than store bought cookies!!! Yum :) Thanks for sharing on the Let's Get Real link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I detest store cookie. They always feel greasy to me.

      Delete
  16. The note is the best part of this :D

    ReplyDelete

Print