Sunday, May 18, 2014

Homemade Sliders, Yum!

Sliders with chili cheese fries, yum!!!
Don't you just love going to a restaurant and getting sliders? I mean they are so darn cute, easy to handle and very kid friendly too! But have you ever noticed when you go to the store to buy buns for your burgers, you are limited to the standard size BIG bun? How disappointing! Well be disappointed no longer my friends because this quick and easy trick will put homemade sliders on your table in a lot less time then you think!

For the meat patties, we use a rolling pin to roll out the burger nice and even. Then we just use a knife to cut the burger into nice SLIDER bun size squares. Cook your burgers up just as you normally would. We love cheese on ours!

But I said slider bun size, didn't I? Where did I find slider buns you might ask? Well...... In the bread aisle! You know those "brown and serve" dinner rolls you can buy? Perfect slider burger bun size! Seriously! My hubby was impressed with my re-purposing of said dinner rolls and now, sliders regularly appear on our meal plan board. We simply put the fries in the oven and then when it is time, add the brown and serve dinner rolls to cook so everything finishes at once.

Now I know I am not a genius. I am sure someone, somewhere has figured this out too. But to my family, I am the goddess who made homemade sliders a reality! Yeah, once in a blue moon my brain does fire on all cylinders and I come up with a good one. A yummy good one!



28 comments:

  1. Good trick. All that meat cheese gives me cholesterol panic though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just the opposite, Nancy po. I would love the meat and cheese, but the fries and bun give me diabetes and high blood sugar panic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low carb lover here! Meat and cheese away! I have PCOS which makes me insulin resistant. So, I have to watch my carbs. I eat a potato every now and then, but when I do, I can feel my bodies intolerance for it. It doesn't make me happy, especially in March when I do all my Irish recipes for Irish-American Heritage Month. Owe! But YUM! Thanks for linking at Yuck Stops Here. Pinned! Chrystal @ YUMeating

      Delete
    2. I love, LOVE cheese..... can't do straight up milk though. so I have to get my dairy some how. I don't do too much meat but I do love me some tators. I am so bad, I know :)

      Delete
  3. I love sliders! Portion sizes have gotten so crazy lately - a slider is probably closer to the right amount of food we should have than a 1/4 pounder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they fit in the littlest country kid's hands just right :D

      Delete
  4. Great idea for slider buns! My kiddos love sliders too. Thanks for sharing:) found at tickle my tastebuds linky. HAve a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cheesy-licious! Found your recipe over at Tuesdays with a Twist and it looks incredible. We just launched a new recipe link-up party, Tickle My TasteBuds, that goes live every Tuesday. I would love for you to link this delicious recipe to our inaugural party. Here is the link —> http://bit.ly/1oNxekf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already linked up through Peek into my paradise! What a coincidence!

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! My son will love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for making sliders at home! I think sliders are just more fun to eat too. :) Stop on by and share this recipe or any others with us on Five Friday Finds if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family and I were just talking about sliders yesterday. :-) These look really good. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this slider recipe with us on Five Friday Finds! We liked it so much we featured it this week! Hope you can stop by and share some more recipes this week. :)

    ReplyDelete