Thursday, April 24, 2014

Frozen Yogurt Bites

The littlest country kid LOVES yogurt. I mean like a junky looking for his next fix, he will stand in front of the refrigerator yelling "yogurt!!!" I am please he like his dairy products, but having just turned two, his spoon skills are lacking in the feeding yourself some yogurt department. It is just a mess I like to avoid. And frankly I don't want to sit down and spoon feed it to him, so what is a mama to do!?!?

Frozen yogurt! I can make these up ahead of time so when he starts jones for some yogurt, I pour a few in a bowl, and send him on his merry way without having to worry about the yogurt on my carpet, rubbed into the furniture, on the dog's head..... like I said, his spoon skills stink. So how do you make frozen yogurt bites?

I simply line a cookie sheet with wax paper, spoon some yogurt into a sandwich baggy and cut a small piece of corner off. I make little piles of yogurt on the wax paper. The yogurt comes out fast at first, so be prepared. Once you have all your yogurt bites formed, simply pop the cookie sheet into your freezer for about 30 minutes. Once the yogurt bites are frozen, remove them from the wax paper and put them back in the freezer in a storage container for later use. That is IF you can get them in a container! The littlest country kid can steal them super fast off the tray!


And while the littlest country kid beams with pure joy written across his face every time he gets his grubby little hands on some, these are actually a hit with the older country kid as well. Oh and I like em too! Shhh, don't tell them I eat their yogurt bites! *wink*



41 comments:

  1. He's so cute! I'll have to try these for my boy. He, too, is bad with spoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am half tempted to strip mine down to his diaper, throw a dollar store shower curtain on the floor and give him the sloppiest things with a spoon for one day, thus forcing him to master the skill or starve! LOL Oh who am I kidding, I would never.... I can't stand to see my baby be hunger :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I am going to try this. The only question is what flavor? Decisions, decisions.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg these look soo yummy! I will be trying these out for my picky 2 year old. I swear he could live on yogurt if I let him lol :] These will be great for some summer snacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys love em..... I can't keep enough made! LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin and I hope you do try. I love em!

      Delete
  5. I love making these! It takes almost no effort at all and they're perfect for snacking. I like to take a bag full with me to work, yum! I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I don`t have children (yet) but I will definitly try these tasty bites for myself. :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a lot of them at night when the kids are in bed! Bwaa haa haa

      Delete
  8. I've made frozen yogurt bites before and the kids really like them. Thanks for sharing it on The Yuck Stops Here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy to make and eat.... a must do for moms of littles

      Delete
  9. My 3 year old is a yogurt addict too! These will be perfect for her. Not to mention that she loves almost anything frozen (prefers frozen peas over cooked!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being a pea fan..... I guess frozen might be better then mushy cooked :)

      Delete
  10. That's a great idea! They look great. I'll try some for myself next time I have some yogurt around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dun and yummy :) for any age!

      Delete
  11. G'day! Looks extremely yum and healthy!
    Viewed as part of #GetHimFed
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. If the littlest country kid loves them, I'm sure my grandkids would love these. Thanks for a great idea and post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea...I am going to do this for my grandson. Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am featuring you this week on Tuesdays with a Twist, stop by and take a look. :-)

    Note: May 9th and after my blog URL will change to: www.msmoozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun and easy idea in time for summer. Frozen treats are great to cool down. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library last week. I have featured you this week at Pounds4Pennies. I can't wait to see what you will make this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made them and they were great! I have baggies of all flavors and banana dipped yogurt bites, bites with berries in them.. Oh! it was such fun . Blogged about them this week and referenced you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how they are so easy to whip up and oh so yummy! Glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  18. What a great idea! I know my kids will enjoy this. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." The post is a bit late getting live this week. it has been crazy hectic, but I hope you can join us. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay... I don't have any recipes this week for once :)

      Delete
  19. Like the idea, but your grammar is somewhat to be desired, inasmuch as this is a blog. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the idea. As for my grammar, I am not a college English professor, and "inasmuch" as this is a blog.... it is a blog.... just a blog. I am not writing for a national publication. My writing style may not be up to your standards but my many followers like that I come across a human and not a technical how to manual. I am sorry your experience in my little corner of the world was not up to your standards. I am who I am, take it or leave it, just saying......

      Delete
    2. Dear Anonymous,
      Please check your own grammar before pointing out the faults of others. Remember when you point you have three fingers pointing back at yourself. I hope you have a lovely day being rude to other human beings behind the safety of your computer screen. I am sure that is the only way you can feel fulfilled....just saying.

      Delete

Print