Sunday, March 23, 2014

DIY Easter Candy Dish

Makes a great gift!
I enjoy being crafty. But now days with the country kids and the critters always needing my attention, I have to keep my crafts simple and quick (or childproof so they can help!) I am getting into the Easter mood and decided to make something to hold a sweet treat, like the littlest country kid's all time favorite, M&Ms. What I came up with is a low coast, stinkin cute candy dish that took only a little time to make!

We used a terra cotta planter, a little paint, and some festive Easter ribbon. Total coast? Under $3!! I love using paint on terra cotta pots when I am working with the country kids because those pots suck up the paint and they dry fast!! Yes, you have to put a few coats of paint on to get a nice cover, but it dries so fast, well it takes no time at all. A little glue and a cute ribbon and as Emeril Lagasse would say "BAM!!!!" you have a cute little candy dish.

You could even take this idea a step further and use it as a gift. Just tuck a packet of flower seeds in with some candy and you have a gift that keeps giving! After the candy is gone, the pot can be used to grow the seeds. Think of the delight your friends, family, heck even an elderly neighbor would have in finding one of these wrapped in cellophane sitting on their front porch on Easter morning!

Of course if I was going to take a photo of the candy dish with the Littlest country
kid's M&Ms, the oldest country kid insisted I take one of his favorite bubble gum eggs!


24 comments:

  1. That is pretty neat! Maybe I'll make one for my Nona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that bad boy is staying out way past Easter! :) Thanks for the gift idea as well. The kids like to help, and I think this is doable! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a great gift this would make for Easter :) Thanks--have some "nieces" that would go crazy for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing with the Let's Get Real party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I could see doing this using recycled materials, like yogurt cups or other plastics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, thank you for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings to you Mindie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and so adorable! I think my kids would prefer the M&M's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are they sugared almonds in it or Easter eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an easy Easter gift! This would make a great table centre piece too, I am just not sure how long the candy would last! I love the idea of including a packet of seeds too. Thanks for linking up at Mum-bo Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seeds where in the one I gave my mom. :)

      Delete
  10. Hello!! Just wanted to let you know I will be using this in a round up (posting soon) from the Teach Me Tuesday party! Very much appreciate you linking up with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes this is a kid keeper! they will love it! Thanks for sharing this post at the #PureblogLove Link party! The party begins againThursday night at 8 p.m. We hope you plan to link up again. We'd love to see more of your fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look lovely for Easter. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Print