Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!?!?!


I enjoy reading other people’s blogs…. There are some really great stories, projects and yes, recipes out there. When I came across this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies recipe from Crafts a la mode, well they had me hooked at Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup! The recipe looked easy and yummy and when I showed it to my hubby he was like, let’s do this! So hubby and I hit the kitchen, drooling, and went to work. I just want to say, while ours were no where near as pretty as hers, they still tasted good.

Ingredients

A box of brownie mix
A roll of sugar cookie dough
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (she used snack size, I used the mini ones)

I followed the directions of cutting the cookie dough into ¼ inch slices. I placed one slice at the bottom of each cup cake liner in my muffin pan and plopped three mini cups on top. Next hubby cover each with a few spoonfuls of brownie mix. Yeah, we were done! Now into the over at 350 for 18 minutes.

We waited, still drooling…. And had to add an addition 5 minutes to our cook time. LOL Maybe it was our oven. So out they came and there they sat…. way to hot and squishy to unwrap. **pout** And so we waited for them to cool…. and we waited….. and after an hour we said screw, it we are going in…. and we were promptly covered in runny chocolate! The muffin wrapper was stuck all to the brownie but we ate it anyway, because it had Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in it, that’s way! Who cares if we were messy!!!

Okay, deep breath, so we put them in the fridge and wait some more. Man I hate waiting…… But after being refrigerated awhile the wrappers came off slightly better and the chocolate inside had set up finally. The country kids LOVED them, I thought they were a tad too sweet, and hubby said they were alright. I think IF we ever made them again we would have to put a thicker layer of cookie and learn Zen like patience waiting for them to cool!!! Which would be totally hard…. Come on who can wait for a peanut butter cup!?!?!?!

This was a fun little recipe and while I am more of a make it from scratch kind of girl, this is a recipe kids could help make in a heart beat. So if you have Zen like patience and love sweet things, why not give these a try!


40 comments:

  1. Ohhh delish !
    my fav candy treat now multiplied - TY =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter cups AND brownies?? It's like I died and went to recipe heaven! If I make these, they won't survive the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They are a little sweet for me so we still have some and it has been over 24 hrs

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I'll have the patience to make these. I'm like you - I don't like waiting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put them in the fridge!!! It was hard but the alternative is being covered in chocolate, which isn't a bad thing either!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter but this sounds amazing. Warm gooey chocolate anything sounds good right now. I don't know if I'd be able to wait either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peanut butter is not in your face at all

      Delete
  5. Oh so delicious! I love Reese's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... and this is like yum!! I am actually eating one right now!

      Delete
  6. I'm all about the "no-gmo fair trade organic grow your own rah-rah real food" but my love of Reeses totally transcends my food-morals! I'm not sure I would even have had the patience to make the brownies. I would have just eaten all the candy. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so no GMO, grow your own, do it from scratch but I saw this recipe and went duuuuuuuhhhh Reese's!!! LOL They make you go dumb sometimes :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. After all the little "issues" they did taste good LOL

      Delete
  8. Yummo! Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Have a terrific weekend!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com
    #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound absolutely AMAZING!! Definitely pinning this and will try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember, be patient for them to cool! LOL

      Delete
  10. Yum! I make cookies with peanut butter cups in them, but have never thought of adding them to brownies or cupcakes... and with a cookie crust too - oh my! I'm usually a make it from scratch kinda girl too, but you're right, these would be great for kids just starting out in the kitchen. I think I might just have to add in some peanut butter cups the next time I make chocolate cupcakes! Thanks for sharing the clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are yummy and so easy for kids to help with. :) Who cares if ever once in a blue moon we don't make EVERYTHING from scratch. Being naughty is fun some times!

      Delete
  11. This sounds incredible! I must do this soon! Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and the variations cookie that you could use, maybe even the candy at the bottom! LOL! Yummy! I pinned it for later! Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesdays! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These would be perfect for my girls to make! Would satisfy my frequent chocolate/peanut butter cravings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got to make these. Thanks for sharing at Monday Handmade Linkup Party. Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word!!! Those sound AMAZING!!! I may not be able to wait either! Thanks for linking up at My Favorite Things! http://timeforseason.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-favorite-things-saturdays-215.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. As soon as my kids saw you shared this, they have been bugging me to make them! :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/02/try-new-recipe-tuesday-february-18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they have fun making (and eating) them!

      Delete
  17. Oh my crew would love these! I am the only one who doesn't absolutely love reese's cups. Thanks for sharing with us at The HomeAcre Hop!

    Please join us again Thursday at:
    http://summers-acres.com

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* How can you NOT absolutely love Reese's Cups!?!!? LOL

      Delete
  18. Sounds yummy!! nom nom Thanks for sharing at the My Favorite Things Party! Theresa co host I'm @DearCreatives Hope to see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there with bells on! (still not sure what that means LOL)

      Delete
  19. Oh yes please!!! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, hope to see you back tonight! www.mommyondemand.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already hopped over there! LOL Wouldn't miss it :)

      Delete