Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another year of (mis)Adventures begins

January 1, 2014.….

“They” (who ever they are) say today is the first day of a 365 page blank book and to write a good one. Hmmm, well let’s see….. Mine starts with sitting straight up in bed at 5 something a.m. and going to check the house to see why I was awake. I was greeted with the oldest country kid (7) asleep on the couch and my living room looking like, well, a juvenile New Year’s Eve party had hit it!!! An entire container of glow sticks and a bag of uninflected balloons strewn everywhere!!! Oh and confetti too.

I started to get upset but then I remembered, I did go to bed at 10 p.m. and told the oldest country kid that after the ball dropped (he BEGGED to see it and I just can’t hang anymore) to hike his hiney to bed too. It was my fault for trusting him, so instead of anger, I chuckled a little (only a little) and roused him to head to his room. I quickly cleaned up the room so Heidi the homestead hound didn’t ingest any of the party items….. I shouldn’t have worried, she was busy on the couch chewing the gum that had fallen out of the oldest country kid’s mouth when he passed out on the couch. *smacks forehead*

Ah 2014, Welcome…. While the date has changed, nothing much else has! LOL So here I sit while everyone else sleeps, wondering, do I bother trying to go back to bed or if I should just go clean the kitchen? Here is to 364 more blank pages and the (mis)Adventures they will hold!

Happy New Year Everyone!



10 comments:

  1. LOL, gotta love kids, the Mom's that keep after them, and dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Sounds like your house is always fun. Hope the rest of the year provides you with adventures at a much more reasonable hour of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun!?!?! LOL I guess we could call it that!! Bwaa ha ha

      Delete
  3. Love it! It sounds about par for the course around here too. I hope this is a great year for you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to beg mine to go to sleep last night! They are too young to trust alone, I had to stay up with them until 12:15. They were convinced that a comet streaks across the sky at midnight on New Year's Eve. If only...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said I trusted my oldest.... I just can't hang LOL You my dear are a better mom then I!

      Delete
  5. Hear's to a happy new year!! Thanks for sharing over at The Weekend Re-Treat hope to see you Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete