Saturday, December 28, 2013

A walk down memory lane 2013

So many blogs are posting their “most popular” posts recap for 2013. Seeing as how I didn’t have a lot of followers at the beginning of the year because I was new, most of my “most popular” posts are recent ones that you have most likely read! So I am putting together more of a milestones of 2013….. One of the things I love about blogging is it not only pushes me to do more, but hopefully along the way it inspires others to try new things.

Sure we had lots of recipes and craft that you all loved, but we also had posts that meant a lot to me from throughout the year. Knowing where our food comes from and making that food has become more and more important to us. We have tried a few new projects that I am rather proud of this year too. I have also written posts that come from the heart this year. (Grab a tissue before you read the one about the squirrel, you have been warned.)

So here they are, a walk down memory lane 2013…. Enjoy!
 

How to tap a Maple tree

Backyard bees



Making Jam

On being a country kid












 







  






 





  


  





   

I am so excited that the blog has been gaining new readers on a regular bases. I appreciate each and every one of you, your comments and support. Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me from this last year!! And here is to 2014 and more (mis)Adventures!!!

12 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great memories from 2013! I love the story about rescuing the squirrel. I really need to find someone around here who has chickens so I can get truly fresh eggs. (We live inside the city limits so no chickens for us.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live inside our "village" limits and we can have them. Check you local laws... heck, work to change them!

      Delete
  2. Those are some wonderful memories for 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a fun idea for a blog post! The people that lived here before us were beekeepers, my husband suddenly wants to be one! Love the bacon article. I wish I had that kind of ambition, to make a lot of stuff myself. I bet it was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can do everything I do :) I don't know about ambition, we just like trying new things! LOL

      Delete
  4. Thanks,for the recap of the year. Glad you linked to What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Happy New Year,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this post and I have been looking for a sour dough starter. Thanks for sharing at Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. I am co-hosting with Duck's n a Row today.
    Blessings and Happy New Year! I am pinning this post and will be following your social medias.
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to "meet" you! I will be stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Such great memories for you and your family! Thanks for coming over and sharing at Happiness is Homemade Link Party, Hope to see you back in the morning! http://mommyondemand.com/

    ReplyDelete