Monday, September 16, 2013

No Bake Cookies

 I think everyone has had one of these before, but if you haven't, you're missing out! Recently the oldest country kid's 4-H craft club was doing a bake sale fundraiser and I thought, why not no bakes! Yeah, it is kind of ironic, not baking for a bake sale. But in the end all of our no bakes sold out!! These cookies are quick, easy and yummy! And yes, I made a double batch so we could keep a few too. If you have never made no bakes before you are in for a surprise and a treat, because they really are so easy to make.

Ingredients

2 cups of white sugar (we used cane since beat sugar is GMO)
1/2 cup of milk
1 Stick of butter (1/2 cup)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3-4 cups of quick oats
wax paper

In a saucepan, bring to a boil the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder. Make sure you stir..... keep stirring..... don't stop stirring.... stir some more......you haven't stopped stirring have you? You don't want your sugar to burn as everything blends together and comes to a boil so it is a good idea to keep stirring. Once your at a boil add in your peanut butter and vanilla and, yup, you guessed it, keep stirring. Once the peanut butter has melted in, add the oats. I use around 3 1/2 cups myself, it all depends how the oats soaking up the mix. You do not want it to be runny.

Take you pan off the heat and let it sit a minute. This stuff is going to be hot!! Now get out your cookie sheets and line them with wax paper. With a spoon, droop "blobs" onto your cookie sheets. Now this is the hardest part of all, simple wait for them to dry and set up. Easier said then done when you know they are going to taste soooooo good! And you might want to make a double batch too, because these bad boys disappear fast!


20 comments:

  1. My dad has made these ever since I was a little girl. I love them. This past year I have started to make them too but I cannot do them as well as my father and they never come out right. He put them in a small square pan so they come out as bar cookies and set them up in the fridge. The first time I made them I did them as he does and it didn't work, so the next few times I did them as drop cookies as you have done here and they have come ok, not nearly as good as his or yours here. I have also set them out and not put them up in the fridge. Idk what the difference is really ??? He uses the exact same recipe, but as he has been making them for like, forever, he does not do exact measurements. The recipe I have, I think I found randomly online somewhere. I am going to give your recipe a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try this! I love no bake cookies but cannot get them right!!
    Come link up with me and share!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMmmm. You had me at 'no bake'! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had these cookies before and they are delicious .. and super simple! Gotta love no bake.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm These look fantastic. I've got to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing with us at Raising Imperfection.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look SO good! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/09/try-new-recipe-tuesday-september-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just asking my mom the other day if she still had this recipe. I loved these as a kid and am going to make them soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these from your recipe, they were great. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I think I remember these from way back, thanks for the recipe...I remember them being very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made no-bake cookies before, but I've never made them with peanut butter - what a great idea! I'd be thrilled if you'd come on over to Pink Recipe Box and link up at Creative Wednesdays: http://pinkrecipebox.com/creative-wednesdays-with-pink-recipe-box-11

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mom made these for me as a child! Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love no bake cookies. We always make a version that requires corn syrup. Im thrilled to find a recipe that doesnt use it. Visiting from Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mindie, Oh these cookies look just delicious! A perfect treat for a Friday ... no bake cookies are easy to make, I love to try your recipe :)
    I'm happy I found your lovely blog, I'm popping by from Joy's Friendship Friday,
    Your new follower
    Nina @ Thoughts and Images Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those sound delicious! I wish I had known about those a few months ago... the oven at my house was broken, and I couldn't bake anything! :( I'm going to have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great recipe for kids to make with no baking. I have made them when my kids were little.
    Thanks for sharing you recipe on Oh My Heartsie Girl this weekend
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  16. These take me back! My mom use to make these for us.
    I NEVER have been able to make a decent batch. Maybe I will try your recipe!
    Thanks for sharing at the homeacre hop!
    Sandra
    http://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The reason I don't make cookies is because I'm the worst baker in the world! lol You came up with a solution for me! Thank You! and thank you for sharing them at the Fluster Buster Party! Lizy your party co host!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom used to make us no-bake cookies when we were kids. This really brought back a lot of memories. Thank your for sharing at this weeks Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way back when, my youngest son made these for 4-H too. But we added white chocolate chips just before dropping them on waxed paper. Won first place! :)

    ReplyDelete