Thursday, July 25, 2013

Creative breakfasts can bring a smile

I must admit, I have developed an interest in making food fun, not just for my children, but because I enjoy the crafty aspect of it! Here is a little creation I came up with for breakfast, Teddy Bear Toast! LOL Yes, I may have gone off the deep end, but come on, this little guy is cute! All you need is a piece of toast, some banana, and a few raisins. But wait.... there is more....

Why not whip up a palm tree for breakfast! It was easy and quick using bananas, kiwi, and Mandarin oranges. In fact, when the oldest country kid was younger, this is how I introduced him to kiwi fruit. It was a fun way to try a new thing.

Why not add a surprise to those same old scrambled eggs you put out for breakfast? I put a candied rose petal as garnish just to make it look "fancy." I guess what I am trying to point out (other then I have gone a little nutty at breakfast time) is that there are simple ways to make breakfast more fun. And heck, shouldn't we all start our day with a little smile!







11 comments:

  1. Love the "palm tree" one ... my kids would love that ... when I am making pancakes I make mickey mouse pancakes ... kids seem to love them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been able to pull off a micky mouse pancake LOL I always lose and ear!

      Delete
  2. Amazing and really fun!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Hugs from Michigan, USA!!

      Delete
  3. You inspire me! pinning this! from Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I would love to see what you come up with as well!

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! I need a little encouragement to be more creative these days. I'm definitely in boring mommy rut! :) Stopped by from Mix It Up Monday.
    Tina from mommynificent.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not make breakfast fun! Good ideas. Love your banana palms. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, fun breakfast for the kids. thanks for sharing!found your fun blog on the Tues blog party you can visit me at: www.cookingtherecipe.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have kids but I think the palm tree is an adorable way to serve fruit to a child. Thanks for sharing it at the Future Expat Required Ingredient link party this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs kids to have fun!?!?! LOL Always play with your food!

      Delete