Sunday, March 24, 2013

Do you do an Easter Tree?

When my hubby first moved to Michigan he was shocked to see his first Easter Tree. The tradition of decorating trees with colorful Easter eggs is well known in Germany, but I guess where he grew up, not so much.

I have always grow up with an Easter Tree. Hubby claims it is a “Michigan Thing” but I don’t think so. So I am turning to you my friends……

Tell us, have you ever seen an Easter Tree? Do you do an Easter Tree? (Inside or outside) And let me know which state you live in!!! I want to prove to hubby that the Easter Tree is not just a Michigan thing!

6 comments:

  1. I've seen many an Easter tree in yards around Southern MN and Northern Iowa. Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I have a big outside decorated tree with plastic colored Easter Eggs and also a 4 ft. tree inside with an assortment of colored Eggs...done alot in our area...I live in Eastern North Carolina and always have....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do Easter trees in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. never seen one before. I'm from Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 52 and when I was a child with 3 other siblings and a single Mom she would go into the woods and get a huge branch from a tree or bush that had really long thorns. She decorated it with gum drops in all different colors. That was our Easter tree. I always looked forward to it and I don't even like gumdrops. You could do it now with Gummies. Something so simple yet so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are everywhere here in West Virginia, I think it is more a need for color and an eternal hope for Spring:), we did it last year and my children loved it will probably do a few branches for our table this year (different house)

    ReplyDelete